Movie Game!

iVillage Member
Movie Game!
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 9:42am
Ok, I'm going to list some lines from movies - it's your objective to tell me what movie that are from (bonus kudos if you can tell me which character - or characters said them...).

1. "To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour." (bonus on this one if you can name the original poet...).

2. "No body puts Baby in the corner" (yes I know, a give away).

3. "What's with today, today?"

4. "You are too twisted for color tv!"

5. "The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, all of it, and I never really got it back."

6. "I am making out the report now. We haven't quite decided if he committed suicide or died trying to escape."

7. "Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories."

8. "And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

9. "Did you know your foot's as big as your arm, from your elbow to your wrist?"

10. "It's been 84 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint. The china had never been used, the beds had never been slept in."

11. "We're creatures of the underworld. We can't afford to love."

12. "Someone helped put a mirror up in front of my face and I didn't like what I saw one bit, and you know what I did? I changed."

13. "Ooo...I'm thinkin' my bunny slippers just ran for cover..."

14. "Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental."

15. "Why spiders? Why couldn't we follow the butterflies?"

Good luck ladies - I tried to mix things up, old - new, easy-hard. Have fun!

Karen

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_kballu
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 9:52am
lol - I figured that anyone who had seen Sleepless might be able to get that one. I love an affair to remember - it's ssssooo good.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 9:54am
Moi? Surely you jest? I would never do anything to intentionally befuddle you...although I might gleam some miniscule iota of amusement out of your befuddlement.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 10:00am
1. No idea. But I feel like I should know it since it's poetry.

2. Dirty Dancing. Patrick Swayze

3. Don't know

4. I think this was from the movie that had Alecia Silverstone and Brendan Frasier in it. What was that...Blast from the Past? If it was then Silverstone's character or the gay guy said it.

5. That one sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

6. Misery, maybe?

7. Another one that sounds familiar, but I can't place.

8. ????

9. Did you know the human head weighs 8lbs? I don't know this one either.

10. Titanic. Rose--the older one--said that.

11. I'm starting to think I should only put up the ones I DO know.

12. The story of my own life?

13. Mushu said that in the movie Mulan.

14. & 15. Can't come up with either of these.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 10:01am
lol. Thanks Roni. Jo sometimes does it on saturdays with song lyrics. I thought I'd try it with movies. Glad you had fun reading it. :)

Karen

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 10:09am
Hey there! Imagine seeing you in the kitchen! Just all kinds of people are coming out of the woodwork here! lol

You got three right - 2, 10, and 13. Yay for getting Mushu. I love Mushu. He cracks me up.

Karen

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 9:22am
Yes you would, you sick person you!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 10:45am
Hey! I resent that. I am not a sick person - just slightly unbalanced. (hmm we really ned a icon for sticking out out tongues...)
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-12-2003 - 2:07pm
If you are slightly unbalanced, where does that leave me?

Pages