Movie Game!

iVillage Member
Movie Game!
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 9:42am
Ok, I'm going to list some lines from movies - it's your objective to tell me what movie that are from (bonus kudos if you can tell me which character - or characters said them...).

1. "To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour." (bonus on this one if you can name the original poet...).

2. "No body puts Baby in the corner" (yes I know, a give away).

3. "What's with today, today?"

4. "You are too twisted for color tv!"

5. "The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, all of it, and I never really got it back."

6. "I am making out the report now. We haven't quite decided if he committed suicide or died trying to escape."

7. "Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories."

8. "And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

9. "Did you know your foot's as big as your arm, from your elbow to your wrist?"

10. "It's been 84 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint. The china had never been used, the beds had never been slept in."

11. "We're creatures of the underworld. We can't afford to love."

12. "Someone helped put a mirror up in front of my face and I didn't like what I saw one bit, and you know what I did? I changed."

13. "Ooo...I'm thinkin' my bunny slippers just ran for cover..."

14. "Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental."

15. "Why spiders? Why couldn't we follow the butterflies?"

Good luck ladies - I tried to mix things up, old - new, easy-hard. Have fun!

Karen

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_kballu
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 10:25am
I know all of one of these, but then again, I'm not a huge movie person.

10. "It's been 84 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint. The china had never been used, the beds had never been slept in." - Titanic - and Rose said it.

I'll think about the others. Maybe I'll come up with something!

Happy Thursday!

Jo:)

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 10:46am
im so pathetic. i am definitely a movie person.

i could only name # 5 Sweet Home Alabama

and #10 Titanic.

i think when i read everyone elses answer i'll be like "DUH!?" LOL

that and i just woke up so......those are my excuses :P
  jnathansmommyss.png picture by hecallsmeprincess2

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:09am
So far you are both right. But I am surpised that nobody's gotten #2 yet...
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:14am
I'm really really pathetic in that I watch movies as often as I can so I recognize quite a few of those lines but can only tell you that

#2 is from Dirty Dancing, Patrick Swayze's line before the big dance at the end.

#10 is from Titanic, I believe the old lady's line somewhere toward the beginning.

I'm gonna have to think on the others and will probably say "DUH!!" when I see other people's answers.

V.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:23am
I got two more... woohoo for me !!

#9 is from Pretty Woman, Vivian's line

#15 is from Harry Potter, that's Ron's line.

I knew I knew them !!! Am I winning anything yet??? :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:25am
yay! I knew that someone would get #2. lol

And you a right on both of them.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:28am
Yay again. And you said Vivian and not Julia Roberts - that's impressive, lol.

And yes, that is Ron's line.

:)

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 1:04pm
I only knew #2, 9, and 15 and those have been answered.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 3:03pm
I know some, but not all:

1. "To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour." (bonus on this one if you can name the original poet...).

Well, William Blake wrote it, but I'm not sure what movie it came from. "Dead Man" maybe?

2. "No body puts Baby in the corner" (yes I know, a give away).

"Dirty Dancing."

5. "The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, all of it, and I never really got it back."

"Sweet Home Alabama." (Did anyone else hate this movie?)

6. "I am making out the report now. We haven't quite decided if he committed suicide or died trying to escape."

"Casablanca."

8. "And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

This isn't "10 Commandments" is it?

9. "Did you know your foot's as big as your arm, from your elbow to your wrist?"

That one is "Pretty Woman."

10. "It's been 84 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint. The china had never been used, the beds had never been slept in."

"Titanic." (I am also the token hater of this movie.)

11. "We're creatures of the underworld. We can't afford to love."

A Bohemian Rhapsody! "Moulin Rouge."

12. "Someone helped put a mirror up in front of my face and I didn't like what I saw one bit, and you know what I did? I changed."

A favorite of mine. !TAWANDA! "Fried Green Tomatoes."

14. "Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental."

"Sleepless ..."

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 3:12pm
You did very well! :) Check in here for hints on the 2 you got wrong..

Yes, it is William Blake but that's not the movie. But the movie is an action flick...it came out a few years ago.

And #8 is not 10 Commandments (not a bad guess). This movie is very much a shoot em up movie. A sleeper hit.

I'm not a huge Titanic fan either - but I figured I should stick some easier ones in there...lol.

Pages