Answers to the movie game

iVillage Member
Answers to the movie game
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 9:37am
1. "To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour." (bonus on this one if you can name the original poet...).

No one got this one. It's from Tomb Raider, said by Laura Croft. Poem by William Blake.

2. "No body puts Baby in the corner" (yes I know, a give away).

Dirty Dancing, Johnny.

3. "What's with today, today?"

Empire Records, Lucas (Rory Cochrane - now on CSI Miami...).

4. "You are too twisted for color tv!"

Steel Magnolias - Ouisa.

5. "The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, all of it, and I never really got it back."

Sweet Home Alabama - Melanie.

6. "I am making out the report now. We haven't quite decided if he committed suicide or died trying to escape."

Casablanca - Louis

7. "Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories."

An Affair to Remember - Terry McKay

8. "And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

Boondock saints - the MacManus brothers (and sometime Il Duce)

9. "Did you know your foot's as big as your arm, from your elbow to your wrist?"

Pretty woman - Vivian

10. "It's been 84 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint. The china had never been used, the beds had never been slept in."

Titanic - old Rose.

11. "We're creatures of the underworld. We can't afford to love."

Moulin Rouge - Zidler

12. "Someone helped put a mirror up in front of my face and I didn't like what I saw one bit, and you know what I did? I changed."

Fried green tomatoes - Evelyn

13. "Ooo...I'm thinkin' my bunny slippers just ran for cover..."

Mulan - Mushu

14. "Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental."

Sleepless in Seattle - Annie

15. "Why spiders? Why couldn't we follow the butterflies?"

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Ron

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 11:07am
How weird. Did you know that Empire Records was on VH1 yesterday? I clicked past it and saw a young Renee Zellweger and thought of your hint here ~ never putting two and two togther.

Strange coincidence (!), K

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 11:42am
My former roomie used to watch that movie EVERY day. I still have almost the whole thing memorized. Ethan Embry is in that movie (credited as Ethan Randall) - he's ssooo adorable. lol It's a great quirky movie.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 1:50pm
I know what you mean ~ there are a few movies in my lineup that I can pretty much recite lol. (And most Simpsons episodes, sadly) ;).

It's just so funny that I had never even heard of that movie before. I may have to netflix that movie some rainy weekend it so I can see the whole thing.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 10:43am
In some ways, the characters remind me of "The Breakfast Club". There are all these different types of people who are all in one place (in this case because they work together) and it follows them throughout the course of a single day. It has an interesting dynamic to it. It's kind of funny to watch and see where everyone went, Ethan Embry, Renne Zellweger, Liv Tyler...and then you start to wonder what the heck happened to Coyote Shivers. lol

I found it to be a fun movie...although I know people who despise it.