Silly Sunday Survey ~4/13/03~

iVillage Member
Silly Sunday Survey ~4/13/03~
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 9:21am
1. What do you think is the Strangest food being sold today?

2. Do you have any big summer plans?

3. What will you be eating for lunch today?

4. What was the name of your 3rd grade teacher?

5. What is something that you will never understand, no matter how much you try?

6. Is there something (trend, game, music, fashion) that you wish you could be a kid/teenager again just so that you could really enjoy it or look good in it?

7. How do you keep track of your bills each month? Do you have a special calendar or book where you keep them or write down when they are due?

Happy Sunday!

Jo:)

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 12:08pm

Hmmmm. Not sure. Some of the stuff for kids now is pretty unusual.

Meet some friends, take a class.

Not sure, we'll figure that out while shopping.

Hmmm, it was a nun, and I cannot recall her name now. I can recall her nickname though, geesh, the things you remember.

5. What is something that you will never understand, no matter how much you try?

Bigotry and hate.

6. Is there something (trend, game, music, fashion) that you wish you could be a kid/teenager again just so that you could really enjoy it or look good in it?

Life from a different perspective. It was a very conservative closed minded society then. Times are really changing, and there are fascinating things to experience. I really don't like looking back, but suppose if I had to, dealing with things earlier and doing what I'm doing now in many easpects of life would be my choice.

7. How do you keep track of your bills each month? Do you have a special calendar or book where you keep them or write down when they are due?

I'm horrible. No set system, not even a set place to put them. Major space cadet.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 6:07pm

I seen a Prickly Pear the other day and that was very odd... also Cactus Leaves. I am not really into strange stuff so I really don't pay attention.

My daughter's graduation party and getting away for a weekend. Can't afford to go on vacation due to the party... lol.

I had 2 hotdogs... with mustard, onions & slaw! YUM!!!!

Mrs. Soper and I did NOT like her at all!!!

Eating gross things for money... like on Survivor.

Well, most of the things I grew up with are coming back so I don't have to.. it's already here! (like 70's stuff) LOL

I made a spreadsheet and I have all my bills down the left side and all the months for a year across the top. I have them listed according to due date (my house note is first since it's due the 1st of the month) and I typed in the official due date and approximate amount. Then I write in the date that I paid that bill in the box. I used to use Microsoft Money but i got a new operating system and I need to get an updated version of Money.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 6:37pm
1. What do you think is the Strangest food being sold today? I have no idea. Everytime I see something, I see something stranger.

2. Do you have any big summer plans? No big summer plans I think this year.

3. What will you be eating for lunch today? We had brunch today at a little cafe. I had "Eggs in Grass" which was asparagus and flat omelety style scrambled eggs on toast with cherry tomatoes and a really amazingly light lemony hollandaise style sauce. ANDDDDDDD this Orange Pie! The orange pie I need to know how they made because I ate the whole thing trying to determine whether it was custard or cheese or sour cream or ????????? with chunks of orange and this amazing flakey orangey crust.

4. What was the name of your 3rd grade teacher? Miss McNeal who my mother had many a run in with because she rewarded good behavior with food. One week I ended up "earning" 60 donut holes which she would hand out once a week.

oh...I don't know. I think maybe what makes a perfect parent. I sometimes think I have it figured out (though not as often as I did before I had children) and then it changes.

6. Is there something (trend, game, music, fashion) that you wish you could be a kid/teenager again just so that you could really enjoy it or look good in it? You know...I hate to admit this...but I am really intrigued by the idea of those low slung jeans a lot of girls seem to wear now...I am sure that this is NOT a good idea for me but they are neat. I also really like this trend in children's education with cross curriculum education. I would have loved having a tie in with art, music, PE with my studies in Social Studies and lit. ( I might have done better in math had it been word problems that related to a book I was reading)

7. How do you keep track of your bills each month? Do you have a special calendar or book where you keep them or write down when they are due? I am really bad at this despite the fact that I yearly say I am going to do something about it. Most of my bills I have automatically pulled from checking though...

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 6:55pm
So now you know I have to ask - what was her nickname?

Happy Sunday!

Jo, Community Leader for

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 6:57pm

I don't know about the strangest but it amazes me how there are a gazillion different kinds of cereals. And what's up with supersizing everything? Green ketchup is weird!

We haven't made plans yet. We usually take a week or so and go somewhere. Camping in Colorado,or The Smokey Mountains or visiting the D.C. area are at the top of the list.

I had a toasted bologna, ham and cheese sandwich.

It's hard to think that far back but I think it was Mrs. Henderson. I could be wrong,

Why some people decided to become parents.

If I was younger and skinnier, maybe I'd get my belly button pierced. But I'd probably chicken out.

That's my husband's department!!! :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 6:58pm
Where did you see the cactus leaves? I've heard of the prickly pear, but never seen it for sale. And another question - do you eat your slaw on your hot dogs or on the side?

Happy Sunday!

Jo, Community Leader for

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 7:07pm
Hiya Tarrant!

60 donut holes, huh? Were they any good? Do you want us to look for you a orange pie recipe?

Have a great day!

Jo, Community Leader for

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 7:50pm

Tofu. Sorry tofu fans, I just don't get it.

Not yet.

I had chinese.

Mrs. Hyatt and Mrs. Koloze

Risk. The game Risk.

As a teenager I was a self-centered slug. I look and feel better, and do more now than I ever have. I had an early midlife crisis..

We shove them in a cubby and pay them when we get paid.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 11:04pm
In retrosepct, I think it was cruel of the kids, so I'd rather not share. Guilt complex!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 12:42am
Hi Jo... the cactus leaves were in a jar with liquid. I think it was in the ethnic area of the grocery store. The prickly pears were sitting out in the produce section just like the other fruit. I guess maybe it's been there and I never seen it before... lol.

I put my slaw right on the hot dog! I know... people think i'm crazy but that's the way my family always ate them. They're all from N. Carolina and I think they grew up with it down there. Even my kids think I'm nuts... i believe this tradition will die with me though... since they think it's gross. If they'd just try it.... I know they'd like it. Try it sometime... see what you think.

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

Pages