Have any of you made this recipe before?

iVillage Member
Have any of you made this recipe before?
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 1:12pm
It looks quick and easy, and I think my family would like it. I just wondered if any of you have ever made this recipe before...

Place chicken breasts in the middle of a baking pan, 1 can French Style green beans (drained) on one side of chicken, and 1 can sliced potatoes (drained) on the other side of the chicken. Melt 1 stick butter in microwave and mix with one envelope Italian Seasoning Mix. Pour over pan. Cover with foil, and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 1 hour.

Oh, and can I use frozen chicken breasts? I won't have time to thaw them before cooking dinner. I have no idea what the name of the recipe is, btw.

Thanks,

Heather

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 2:44pm
Sure you could use frozen chicken breasts but you would have to adjust the cooking time. It will take longer. It sounds pretty good, I've never tried it but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks,

Karen

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2003 - 9:38am
You can use the frozen chicken breasts like karen said... just adjust the cooking time. But, what I'd do is pop them in the microwave for 2-3 minutes to give them a start. That should help thaw them enough so that you won't have to increase the coooking time.

This recipe sounds great... thanks for leaving it. I've never tried it but I think my family will like it too!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2003 - 10:50am
I made the recipe last night for our family, and it was a hit! DH loved it and said the recipe goes in the "keeper" file ~ lol! My kids are picky eaters, but they managed to eat okay last night. I did thaw the chicken breasts in the microwave for a few minutes before I put them in the oven. The butter and seasoning packet made everything taste so good. And even with the butter, I managed to stay within my Weight Watchers point range yesterday! :)

Heather

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2003 - 12:08pm
YAY!! Thumbs up, girl! A great recipe and staying within the point range is a great job!! I'm looking forward to trying this recipe soon... i get groceries Thursday and I'll be sure to pick up the stuff... canned potatoes, right?

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2003 - 1:11pm
Thanks, Daisy! The recipe calls for canned sliced potatoes, but I used raw, peeled, sliced potatoes since I had them at home already & they cooked just fine. I hope you like the recipe!

Heather