Tuesday Two

iVillage Member
Tuesday Two
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 10:58am
Whew! Busy weekend and it's my first day back to work. Ugh. But I feel rested so it's ok.

1. I read somewhere that we often mistake hunger for thirst. Do you think it's true? Do you think you drink enough water (or other liquids) each day? The next time you think you are hungry will you try drinking instead?

2. "You should eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince

and dinner like a pauper." All weekend I ate bigger breakfasts than I normally do during the week and now I'm hungry. Do you ever eat a big breakfast during the week? You do think the above quote has merit? Are you more or less hungry during the day when you eat a big breakfast?

Oy...I'm hungry, lol.

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_kballu
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 6:05pm
I had pasta for lunch and am contemplating going to the local watering hole for something to eat.

Seriously, it is not my intent to starve myself. Crash dieting *is* dangerous. If I'm hungry, I'll eat. Sometimes my body slips into a mode where it's not hungry all that much.

You are trying to get even with me for growling at you today, rofl. Uh uh. We need a nice try icon.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 2:51pm
Yes I know that mode. It doesn't mean that your body isn't hungry and doens't need the nutrition and energy it gets from food - it just means that you've ignored it to the point that you don't notice.

You know better than that. :P

You are doing all kinds of wonky things to your metabolism.

And you will generally lose muscle mass but regain fat when you gain in back (unless you start weight training or something...).

You know better.

Your daughter has to eat regularly because of her diabetes so you KNOW that our bodies need food - whether we think it does or not.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 5:08pm

Yes they do, and there are times it only needs very litle.

And you spoiled me on breakfast. Can't get that here!

Can I slink away now?

Pages