~~~ FRIDAY FIVE ~~~

iVillage Member
~~~ FRIDAY FIVE ~~~
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 8:50am
1. Have you ever gone to the movie theater alone?

2. Who is your oldest living relative?

3. Did you ever get "swats" in school?

4. Are you hooked on any soap(s)?

5. Let's daydream a little: Describe the most perfect lazy day, start to finish.

BONUS: What do you like to do when nobody is looking?

HAPPY FRIDAY GALS!!!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 9:06am

No, i haven't... but my husband did. When my sister and her family were here visiting from Houston and we had a houseful, he just had to get away for a while and he went to see a movie. I have to tell you what happened though... he went in and sat down. He said there was hardly anyone in the theater and all of a sudden a man came and sat right down in the seat next to him. He couldn't believe it because the whole theater was empty (only about 10 people there). He felt really uncomfortable even after the guy started making conversation, so when the movie started he said he had to go to the restroom and he went to sit somewhere else. I thought that was so funny.. lol.

My great aunt Ruth, I'm not sure how old she is but i know she's in her 90's.

Yes i did, once when i was in 6th grade... someone passed me a note and i answered and passed it back and got busted. I got 3 swats... i was so upset I cried for days! Never did tell my parents though.. lol. I don't think they're allowed to do that nowadays... but i will say that I never passed another note!

General Hospital - I have watched it faithfully since i was a child (my mom was hooked on it too) and then about 1990, i weaned myself off and stayed off until about 2 years ago when my daughter started watching it and then I got hooked again. She tapes it every day and we watch it together every night. It's getting SOOOO good right now!

5. Let's daydream a little: Describe the most perfect lazy day, start to finish.

I wake up at dawn, make a pot of coffee, go outside on my patio and drink my coffee and have a little alone time or talk to my sister in Houston or even better when she's visiting me. About 10:00 i wake up my family and we all go out for breakfast. I come home from breakfast and take a little catnap while watching television. About 3:00 I get up and make a sandwich and then sit back in my loveseat and catch another little catnap and then play some euchre on the internet and then go out to dinner with my husband to a nice restaurant... fabulous day... and very VERY lazy!!!

I pluck my whiskers... getting old is the pits! LOL

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 9:40am

No, but I'm thinking about it.

My grams sister, in her nineties.

Nope, I was a good child.

I use body wash.

I'm simple, a book and a place by the pool.

Play!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 10:08am
1. Have you ever gone to the movie theater alone? Yes

2. Who is your oldest living relative? My grandmother I think...

3. Did you ever get "swats" in school? no

4. Are you hooked on any soap(s)? I am hooked on buying pretty soaps, handcrafted soaps, glycerin soaps, herbal soaps, I have this gift bag on the back of my bathroom door full of them. I am trying not to buy more but it is summer festival season and so many people sell them.

Wake up late with the one you love. Smile. Long leisurely shower, dress, go out to coffee, go to a festival or craft fair, wander around, have a bit of lunch somewhere cool with unusual appealling choices, with lots of fresh veggies, perfect bread, go home, have a nap, read, dinner out somewhere appealling, home, long leisurely sex (maybe and not required for the perfect lazy day), go to sleep

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 3:27pm

Nope

My grandma, who is almost 90 or my stepmom's grandma if she's still living.

Nope

Nope

Wake up late with dh. Go to a park and have a picnic and do some exploring. Go out to eat for dinner. Do a little shopping. Come home and play with the cats.

Scratch

Happy Friday!

Jo:)

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 4:29pm
1. Have you ever gone to the movie theater alone? Yep, more than once.

2. Who is your oldest living relative? hmmm to my knowlesge it's my grandmother...I think her brother is younger...

3. Did you ever get "swats" in school? Nope, they were illegal by the time I got to school. I did see a music teacher throw a variety of things at the band students though...a rubber chicken, a stuffer penguin and once...a chair.

4. Are you hooked on any soap(s)? Ugh, no.

No work. Sleeping in slightly with someone. Sunny and warm outside (but not too HOT). A leisurely brunch at Cora's (with good service for a change...grrrrrrrrr). A nice walk on the mountain. Then drive to the old port and play in the stores and maybe go out on a boat. Dinner at a bistro. A horse and carriage ride (non-stinky please). Finish the night at home cuddling with a movie and kitties.

sing

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 5:14pm
Sing? You, the one who gives me grief when I break into song? You should be lucky you are chasing a train!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 9:20am
I only sing when no one else is around...well other than Piper. The poor kitty is always there and does tend to get subjected to it...

But since I am the only one around when it happens and Piper isn't about to to tell anyone - it does not happen. ;-)

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 11:53am
1.) Yes, I have. Sometimes I choose to do this, because I just want to be alone.

2.) My grandfather's brother, and my grandmother's sister. Both in their late 80s.

3.) Is that spankings? Nope. I went to public school, and in the 80s.

4.) Haha, hooked? No. But, I watch Young and the Restless and Days if I am home.

5.) Sleep in till about 8:30am, go get breakfast at a good breakfast restaurant. Drive down the coast, and relax in Big Sur.

Bonus -- Watch other people. :)

amy
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 1:24pm
Never been to movies alone, oldest relative Aunt Jane,101. Came close but no swattings.Completely hooked on Days of our Lives. My perfect lazy day would start with good sex breakfast in bed. Read the papers,chat with my hubby. Have a massage soak in the tub. Watch a good movie with hubby, then maybe more sex and then a relaxing candlelight dinner and I guess thats the end of a perfect lazy day.