Argh! (and a special note to Daisy)

iVillage Member
Argh! (and a special note to Daisy)
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 8:21pm
Oh my! I miss this page. I used to check it a few times a day, and now, this new format is so burdensome, I just haven't been by. I apologize, and miss the board.

Daisy -- I hope you are doing well...

amy
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 9:04am
I agree! At first I liked the format, but it takes too long to go through the posts, and in addition, figure out who is talking to whom.

I also don't like that the recipes are separate from the rest of the conversation.

I used to peruse all the food boards as a lurker, then it became too monotonous so it came down to just this one and another, and now I don't have the patience. I've got like 15 or 20 minutes a day to get online and it's got to be... Quick and Easy!

K

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 3:13pm
Hi Amy... I miss you too, I wondered where you were. I know what you mean about this new format being harder to read. I think it is too... but... try using the OUTLINE VIEW at the top. It's pretty much like the old board. I like to make it so that the outline view is in one window and the board in the other (kind of like a split-screen) and that way it's easier for me.

I know a lot of people aren't happy with the new format but i guess i am getting more used to it. I think the more you use it, the better it is, especially when you use the outline format. Also, when you visit a board and want to see only the messages you haven't read, you can choose that option to the right side of the board (right above the brown line). It's in the drop down menu.

Please don't leave us... we'll get through this together! I miss you when you're not here!

I am doing fine... busy as usual though. THis is my really busy time at work and I'm trying to get my house ready for my daughter's Graduation party in June... work work work. I think I'm going to need a long vacation... on a sunny beach.....with a tasty tropical drink ... lol.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 3:33pm
Hey girl... have you tried the Outline View? It's up there in the tan section to the right. It's kinda like the old board, only you get ALL the messages because the boards no longer archive. But, if you reply to an old message, it kicks back up to the top again, so you know it had some activity. I know it's a pain... i think it is too.. but, I'm not really supposed to say so.. LOL. Don't tell anyone, okay? I know I can trust you... ;)

Hope you had a great week-end!

Love, Daisy

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 3:45pm
I agree! This new format is much more time consuming for me also. I have cut back on the number of boards I visit also. I have tried the outline - view - maybe it is just me, but I have a problem getting around this board. It seems every time I try to do something I end up disconnecting! UGH!

Sandy

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 10:47pm
Definately still disliking the new Board. I have tried Outline

View several times and I don't think it helps that much. I have my

info set so I am automatically 'logged on' when I go to the Board,

but that doesn't seem to help that much either. I am still a several

times a day lurker, but there just hasn't been that much to respond to

lately. Don't know what to think.

Tracy

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 10:02am
This kind of goes out to everyone. If there doesn't seem to be much to respond to why don't you post something for the rest of us to respond to?

Daisy and Jo and I love all you guys and we miss you all of you posting. I don't have much free time these days outside of work and work is picking up as well so I don't really have time to post as much as I would like. And I haven't been posting recipes because I simply don't have the time to type them out.

It doesn't have to be a series of questions or a question at all. You guys can rant about something that happened in you day or a tv show you saw or a movie or a book you read or anything.

I know the format change has been a blow to a lot of people. But it was necessary - the old board simply could not handle the volume of people that ivillage now has. Just as k-roni - she was here back in the days when ivillage had less than 100 members! Now there are millions.

I know you guys can handle this. I was really hesitant at first and didn't think I'd like. Now there are many things that I like about it - and i will risk you all to say that I even like it better. The more I posted the more I found to like.

I honestly don't know what else to do.

Can anyone give some positive feedback of what you would like us to do? We can't change the format, it's been a month, it's here to stay. We have to live with it. I miss seeing you guys post but I can't be here all the time and neither can Daisy or Jo. We've kept up the weekly features like friday fives, and silly sundays and we've added a tuesday two.

Tell us what you want - and we'll do the best to do it. But remember - we three can only do so much. We can post all you want - but people also have to bite the bullet and respond too.

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 7:03pm
I really enjoyed the Recipe Alphabet Game. Should we start one again?
amy
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 8:54pm
LOL... hey girl... i already started it (down below)! You're so cute!

*** Daisy ***