Be sure to "log-in" first thing...

iVillage Member
Be sure to "log-in" first thing...
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 10:35am
It makes looking at messages so much easier because when you sign in, you will go to the first message in a thread that you haven't read. I guess it keeps track of what you've seen. For instance.. when you click into the Friday Five thread, it will automatically display the first one you haven't read. That way, you don't have to go through all the messages that you've already seen. I didn't realize that until one day at home I clicked into a particularly long thread and went straight to the one I hadn't seen. So now I "log-in" before looking at any messages and it really helps.

I hate that everyone is having such a problem with the new board especially when it was supposed to make things easier. But, I agree... it is time consuming. Hopefully we'll find more and more shortcuts to make it quicker & easier (i like that name.. lol).

Each time I find a shortcut, I'll post it and if i doesn't make sense, please feel free to ask me questions.. i'm not real good at explaining it.

Please don't give up... i would be heartbroken if anyone left the board because of the new format. I miss you gals!!

*** Daisy ***

PS: The "log-in" link is right near the Quick & Easy Title above!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 8:59pm
Oh, you mean log in before you start reading...not log in first thing in the morning! I am dippy tonight! Thanks for the tip!