Friday Five

iVillage Member
Friday Five
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 9:45am
Daisy is working INSANE hours for a telethon this weekend so she asked me to pinch hit for her.

1. Do you like moving? When's the last time you did it? Hire movers or do it yourself? (lots of moving going on around here...oy!).

2. Plants - do you make them thrive? Or do ya kill em?

3. If you could paint your bedroom any colour - what colour would it be?

4. What is your favourite thing to take on a picnic?

5. Do you have a "themed" bathroom ie. frogs, ducks, whatever? If so what is it? If not - would you ever have one?

Bonus: Which is worse - crimped hair or bright blue eyeshadow???

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_kballu
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 4:03pm
Hmm I wonder if it would be possible to hook the crimper up the readhead's cigarette lighter...that would make an interesting road trip activity don't ya think??? ;-)

Still debating movers assuming that when I move it will be the end of July...not sure if my boys would forgive me for making them work in the heat...(even if there is beer and pizza at the end of the rainbow, lol)

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 10:47am
Yep, so crimp your hair before you come to visit me. ;-)

I would con boys into it. It isn't worth it for a short move. Set aside an area for packed boxes, use a special colored dot or something for each room of the house to put on the box. Then pack a few boxes at a time.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 3:06pm
Guess I'll answer my own questions...

1. I LOATHE moving...and yet I've decided I'm going to do it this summer. Go figure. Haven't moved in three years... I get very cranky when I move (although according to my mother, very cranky is an understatement...).

2. Kill em...I kill em all....

3. RED

4. freshly tossed salad with crusty bread (instead of croutons).

5. yes. I have a duckie bathroom right down to the terrifically tacky duck toilet seat cover. When your installments are yellow and the tile is light purple how can you not have a tacky bathroom? It was either duckies or fishies.

bonus: Blue eyeshadow a la Mimi from the Drew Carey show... Crimped hair can be fun...when it's not me (my hair has too much volume and it uhhh gets VERY big).

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 3:01pm
I've killed ssssoooooooo many plants it's not funny.

You LIKE moving??? Want to come move all my stuff for me??? Want to find me an apt too while you're at it??? lol

Silver and beige bathroom sounds nice.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 2:58pm
I can't stand moving...am debating whether or not I'll get movers or just con a whole lot of boys that I know...Technically I would have the money for movers so maybe...

Mmmmmmmmm bread...

Blue eyeshadow can go so wrong...lol. Hmmm crimped hair eh...

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 11:21am
1. Do you like moving? When's the last time you did it? Hire movers or do it yourself? (lots of moving going on around here...oy!). i LOVE moving. we have moved 5 times in the last 4 years. and we just started looking to buy our own home up here. (get out of military housing bleh) we moved here a year ago, and we did it ourself from alabama to new york. it was a long drive, especially with DS being a year old. he wasnt so bad though haha. i lovegetting a new place and making it home. buying new things also :D

2. Plants - do you make them thrive? Or do ya kill em? hmm.....havent bought a live plant in years cause the first time i tried it i killed them ALL!! haha but i've been thinking of getting a few live ones. i'll let u know how that goes

3. If you could paint your bedroom any colour - what colour would it be? oooh, either a taupe or a dark beige, sage green. or mustardy yellow. if we actually go ahead with getting our own home i will be painting every room!! hehe

4. What is your favourite thing to take on a picnic? another thing i havent done in years, but i made fried chicken lastnight and i was like this would be nice to take on a picnic.

5. Do you have a "themed" bathroom ie. frogs, ducks, whatever? If so what is it? If not - would you ever have one? nopers if we had 2 full baths then i'd give one to jonathan and it would have a theme probably ducks or cars (he is obsessed with cars) the 1/2 bath is a sage green with dark wooden baskets etc. full bath is decor is mostly silver and beige.

Bonus: Which is worse - crimped hair or bright blue eyeshadow??? well crimped hair was out for awhile, but last year saw quite a few people doing it and it looked good. so I would crimp my hair if i had a crimper. i have worn blue eye shadow but it wasnt BRIGHT and goofy looking LOL so i say worse is blue eyeshadow

Happy Friday hope everyone has a great weekend.

Michele

jnathansmommyss.png picture by hecallsmeprincess2

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 10:49am
1. Do you like moving? When's the last time you did it? Hire movers or do it yourself? (lots of moving going on around here...oy!). NO! Last summer. It was do it yourself last summer but the one time I had the complete mover deal from packing to driving to unloading I really liked it.

2. Plants - do you make them thrive? Or do ya kill em? They seem to thrive these days but I have killed many.

3. If you could paint your bedroom any colour - what colour would it be? white

4. What is your favourite thing to take on a picnic? really good crusty bread

5. Do you have a "themed" bathroom ie. frogs, ducks, whatever? If so what is it? If not - would you ever have one? nope

Bonus: Which is worse - crimped hair or bright blue eyeshadow??? I have to admit a sort of fondness for crimped hair and always wanted to try it. Though I also really have a thing for blue eyeshadow,though I never wear it. I have seen both badly done but more often blue eyeshadow so I will say blue eyeshadow.