Tuesday Two

iVillage Member
Tuesday Two
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 9:33am
1. What is your favourite rainy day activity?

2. Do you read magazines? What ones? Do you have subscriptions or buy off the rack? Is there one that you would like a subscription for?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_kballu
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 10:41am
1. What is your favourite rainy day activity? I love to curl up with a good book.

2. Do you read magazines? What ones? Do you have subscriptions or buy off the rack? Is there one that you would like a subscription for? Yes, I read a lot of magazines as well as books. I have subscriptions for Good Housekeeping and Mary Englebreits Home Companion. I used to have a sub. for Country Living and would like to have it again, I also buy magazines off the rack.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 1:26pm
1. Rainy day activity? Splashing in puddles. Running in the rain. Or just sleeping in and having a nice quiet afternoon at home with a book.

2. I regularly read a mag that is named after a female dog...it is a response to pop culture mag that is usually interesting. Also read Southern Living, which I adore and a vast sad collection of the mags that jump into my grocery order when I go to the store! No subscriptions to any right now. Yes, I would like subscriptions to them all!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 2:37pm

Curling up on the couch with the kitties and watching tv or reading a good book.

2. Do you read magazines? What ones? Do you have subscriptions or buy off the rack? Is there one that you would like a subscription for?

Yes. I have a subscription to Marie Claire, Vegetarian Times, Organic Style and International Figure Skating. I think those are the only ones. I also end up with my mom's Southern Living after she's done with it. I'd love subscriptions to all the other figure skating mags, but they tend to be pricey. Which reminds me, I should be getting a new issue any day now. Hmmmm....

Happy Tuesday!

Jo:)

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 2:43pm
Hey Tarrant,

Do you have this month's issue of SL by any chance? I saw a really good article about the beaches up this way. So good in fact, that I'm tempted to explore some of them on our way to Ft. Pickens the end of this month.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Jo, Community Leader for

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 3:05pm
No, I haven't seen this month's yet. I have successfully avoided the grocery store but go tonight.

Which beaches did it recommend? I am a huge fan of Cape San Blas/St Joseph.

BTW...I miss your stork. Come visit me on the Childfree board on Health if you get a chance. I'd love to see you.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 3:33pm
Thanks for the stork compliment. So now I ask the question, do you like the stork better than the smiley face? I ask b/c I need to choose one to put in an animated gif.

As for the beaches, St. Joe was reccomended and a couple of others west of PCB over toward Destin and that area. The article kinda hit the high points and gave a quick summary of what the major places were about. Where to eat, where to stay, the waterparks and attractions, etc. My mom has the mag back right now, but if you want I can post more about it when I get it back. The article wasn't online yesterday when I went to look it up. Darn it!

I'll pop over to your CBC board.

Happy Tuesday!

Jo, Community Leader for

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 4:08pm

I love to rent a mess of romantic movies and snack all day long with naps in between.. lol. Lazy thing, aren't I?

I get Taste of Home and Quick Cooking and Women's Day by subscription. Sometimes I buy Woman's World or Good Housekeeping. I wouldn't mind a subscription to Playgirl... oh, did i say that?? LOL

*** Daisy ***

(BLUSHING)

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 4:10pm

I have three -

Cooking big time - watching a real good movie and napping!

I love Cooking Light and People. Only have sub for Cooking Light.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 4:23pm
I like curling up with a good book too. Preferably close the window, by a lamp and with a kitty curled up close to me. lol

Hmmm I don't think I've ever seen a copy of home companion...

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 4:26pm
Giggle. Yep - I can ssooo see you as a puddle jumper.

I've seen articles out of that mag pop up in women's studies classes (we make materials for some of them...) but I don't think I've ever seen a whole issue of it. And I knew about you and the southern living - isn't that where that funky cheesecake recipe came from??? (trying to remember - was it asparagus???)

Pages