Attention: American Idol Fans....

iVillage Member
Attention: American Idol Fans....
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 2:07pm
Okay.... Josh redeemed himself last night (in my opinion) but I have a feeling that he's going to get the boot tonight. I think he got real nervous for a few weeks but who wouldn't? LOL

Clay is the ultimate... he cracked me up doing his little hip jerks to Grease! That is SO not like him but he did it and it worked! I like him but I somehow I just can't see him out touring and drawing in big crowds like an rock star should.

Ruben is awesome. I don't think I've seen him mess up a song yet. But, they all seem to kind of sound the same. I really like him and I love his non-chalent way like he is so at ease.

Kimberly was doing so good until her second song last night (Emotion). It just didn't quite flow. I love her voice though... when she gets a song that fits her, she is just amazing (New York State of Mind, I Can't Make You Love Me & Where The Boys Are).

I just can't figure out who i want to win.... lol. Who are you pulling for? What do you think about the Final Four and who do you think will go tonight?

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 2:47pm
Well - I agree Josh should get the old heave-hoe tonight. He will make a great country/western singer- just not American Idol stuff.

Clay has an amazing talent and certainly has taken steps to improve himself each week. I loved his 1st song - hated his second.

Kimberly just did not do well with "Bee Gees' Music" (one of my favorite groups might I add - just love the sound track from Saturday Night Fever)She can still pull it off if she does not go tonight.

I agree with you about Ruben sounding the same UNTIL last night! He was just fab last night! Loved every note he sang!

I guess you can see I pretty much agree with Simone - he thought Clay's l1st performance was great - second - not so hot -- Josh does fine as long as he sticks to "Country" - Kimberly was just "OK" and Ruben was "Out standing!"

Sandy

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 4:13pm
It's so hard to choose! They are all really great, but i think Josh should be eliminated. He has a great voice for country, but I don't think it's American Idol material.

Who do I want to win? Either Ruben or Clay. Ruben because he has such a velvety voice and appeals to the audience. You just feel good when he sings.And he always does a good job. The fact that he's from Al doesn't hurt either!!(care to guess where i'm from???)

Clay is just too stinking adorable. He will definitely appeal to the girl audience. And he really seems to take the criticism he gets and learns from it. I think he would make a great American Idol because he seems so personable and has a really great voice. Just my thoughts!!! Guess we'll see what happens!!!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 4:34pm
Stopped watching when Frenchie got the boot, but I follow the show on Thursdays at the website. I'm still pulling for Ruben!

Have a good one! K

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 5:30pm
In my opinion, even thought Josh improved last night, I think it was his last night.

Kimberly, what can I say, she has been so good and I really wanted to like her, but it was not her night. Ruben, well, all his songs sound the same. CLAY, he is so good, I honestly think he could sing anything and he is my pick to win, I hope I am not dissapointed, .
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 1:56pm
Well Daisy - Josh got the boot! Who do you think will be next?

Sandy

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 2:55pm
I was kinda glad that Josh went. It was time. He was ok, but not great.

It's hard to say who will go next. I think it will be either Kimberly or Clay. I would be really surprised it it were Ruben. And it's hard to think in terms of politics...will they try to get it down to a guy and a girl...or will they be ok with two guys...very hard to call.

Especially when you think about the last one and how Tamyra was voted out and when no one thought she would be....

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 9:44am
Even though i know he was the one who should go, i was still sad. I thought it was so cute how he brought his daughter up and sang to her... sooo sweet!

I just don't know who will be next. I have a feeling it will be Kimberly, but i hope not. I like her songs and i love that she's not a stick. She's more the size of most women. I know some people think that is silly but i love that her weight has not held her back. I mean, Simon even told Josh he could lose weight and nobody has said a word to Ruben... what is the deal with that?

Well, i guess we'll just have to wait and see and VOTE... lol.

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526