Played a gentle lullaby.

Her branches showed a simple strength

And silent sympathy,

Tolerance, endurance, acceptance

flowed quietly from her to me.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 5:17pm
Girl... you're gonna make me cry.....

I know you lost your mom and this day is probably hard for you. I'm sure it makes you miss her more. But, thank you for thinking of all of us and posting it. You are such a sweetheart!

I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

lots of big hugs to you!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 1:17pm
Daisy, you're so sweet. Actually that was written by another 12 year old little gal ;). I read it the other day in a book, and thought of my own little daughter and my boys and what it will mean to her/them to have a healthy ~ emotionally, physically ~ mom.

It's quite a job we do, and mothering and mother care need a big boost in our cuture in our rediscovering it's vital importance; and on Mother's Day I wanted to acknowledge that around various places I visit online. Poetry always seems to have that special way of letting us see things with the heart through images, and that this one was written by a child blew me away.

My own mother, bless her, died 8 years ago in a nasty car accident which is a bummer; but she led a full and interesting life. So, I have happily claimed Mother's Day for myself lol

The folks here at my house cleaned my carpets, bathroom (!) and mowed my lawn ~ what more could a mother ask for? Hope yours was a relaxing, revitalizing day with those you love.

Love, Karen

PS. Your Daisy Duck slays me every time ~ that is too cute!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 4:45pm
I'm so glad you had a good day! I had a good one as well but i spent most of it at the Red Lobster! The wait was horrendous... i will never go there on Mother's Day again! If I hadn't invited my inlaws, my parents and my cousin & her husband & 2 daughters and my aunt, i would have left!

But, when I got home, my daughter bought be a Blizzard from DQ (my other daughter is gone on her Senior trip with her class). It was a good day.... nice and relaxing.

I'm glad you like my Daisy Duck... i've got lots of them so keep watching! :)

*** daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526