Two on Tuesday

iVillage Member
Two on Tuesday
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 9:33am
1. Did you do anything fun over the long weekend? Tell us about it.

2. What is your favourite outdoor summer activity?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_kballu
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 10:06am

No long weekend here. Mine is this coming weekend, when I'm taking Friday and the following Tuesday and Wednesday off on top of the three day weekend. We're going camping leaving on Memorial day (the Monday). I will really not want to go back to work.

Um, camping! Of course I'll take it whenever I can. Looks like our camping trips this year will be this coming one, Labor Day and then some time in October, when dh can take his vacation. Hopefully for the last two we'll be going to the mountians instead of the beach, like this time. I have the campgrounds all picked out. Now to schedule the activities for our trip. We're staying at Ft. Pickens, near Pensacola, FL, just a couple hours from here. So far I want to go to the Naval Air Station, watch the Blue Angels practice and take in the Jazz Festival and Lobsterfest. I'm sure with all that we'll have a full two days of activites. If not, there's always hanging out at the campsite and some good couple time. I can't wait!

Happy Tuesday!

Jo

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 1:41pm

What long weekend? You got to play, our holiday is next week! OK, I'll be in Toronto.

Floating (and simultaneously snoozing).

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 3:04pm

I went to supper with our best friends Friday night and had a great pizza and antipasta salad. We sat there in the restaurant for 3 hours just talking and venting... lol. We have to do that every so often! They are great friends!

I love to sit in my porch swing and sip sweet iced tea while unwinding and I also like to go out there in the morning and have a cup of coffee while listening to the birds and just admire the wooded area next to my house when everything is quiet. Okay, i guess that's not much activity but I'm not a hot weather person. If there's not water nearby I like to stay cool!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 4:05pm
lol - what less could be expect from a camping board cl???
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 4:09pm
It's your fault I got the long weekend all mixed up because you asked a question about it on Friday on the sammich board. :-P

Enjoy Toronto. :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 4:12pm
Sure that counts as an activity. Mmmmmmmmm love iced tea (we just call it iced tea here but it's the same as sweet iced tea...). I get sooo bored with water. lol And I love going out for dinner and sitting for hours. It's wonderful. :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 4:22pm
Go ahead, blame me! I will... this is going to be fun!
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 5:54pm

Well, I went for a jog and saw 2 Canadian geese with their 6 goslings. I just thought of it a minute ago and thought of you here Karen and signed on :). I made a cake and thought I'd post the recipe.

Probably long morning walks pulling the kids in the wagon.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 11:13pm
We have a sandwich board? I guess I missed something, boy, I sure have been busy! I love sandwiches.... can't wait to investigate!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 8:34am
oops. That's actually the very unofficial name for the Friends and Family of GLBTI support group board. You'll have to ask rayeellen as to the origins of that cause that's yet another thing I picked up from her (she can be a bad influence I'm telling ya *wink*). lol Go explore but you probably won't find any sammiches. giggle. Sorry for confusing ya! Karen

Pages