Who Will It Be?????

iVillage Member
Who Will It Be?????
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 8:56am
Ruben or Clay???

I can honestly say I won't be disappointed either way, but I tend to think that Clay is the better singer. He has more variety and is definitely most improved. I loved his rendition of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and I was so glad that he ended up on a good song. I really didn't care for the other two.

Ruben sounded like he always does... great... he is always great. But, I tend to think his songs sound alike.

What do you all think??

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 9:40am
I prefer Ruben to Clay. I would never buy a Clay album but I would buy a Ruben album (well maybe - I never buy cds). But that being said - I think it will be Clay. I liked Clay a lot more early on than I do now. I don't dislike him and I think he will make a good American Idol. I just can't see me sitting around listening to his albums. *shrug*
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 10:02am
I'm with Clay, I also liked Kim L. They will all end up doing ok. Can't wait for tonight!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-22-2003 - 2:25pm
Well - it was Ruben! I agree with the rest of you - I like Ruben, but Clay can really sing! I really liked Kimberly Locke but she was up against some tuff company. I would not want to hear more than a couple of songs from any of them, but with that being said - what's with Kelly C. she is way too bubblegum pop for me!

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-22-2003 - 3:22pm
YEs.... Ruben it is!!! I was not disappointed because i really liked them both. Maybe it's because I love "Bridge Over Troubled Water" "Mack the Knife" "Unchained Melody" and "Grease" but I just think Clay rocks!

I am so glad they are both very humble and so sweet!

Okay... did anyone else crack up at the dream Simon had???? Oh man, I laughed so hard when Randy said, "You supposed to be sleeping, Dawg!" ROFL! I also got a kick out of Simons acting abilities....don't lose your day job, Simon! LOL

Who's up for Amazing Race??? It starts the 29th of May! I'm excited!

*** Daisy ***

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-23-2003 - 10:12am
Good for Rube ~ but man, was he melting or what?
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-25-2003 - 3:16am
OK, I guess at some point I made some major IVillage faux pas here ~ I don't know what it was. I'm sorry if you guys have formed some opinion about me, but I doubt it's accurate.

I make a concerted effort to stop in here when I'm paying bills or downloading music (or signing on for weather check before an early morning outing ~ YAWN) because I think this board is, or was a good one. But I won't bother anymore.

You all might want to hold onto the rest of the hanger-on'ers though. It looks like the boards are down for the count.

Take care, Karen

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-25-2003 - 8:50pm
Girlfriend what's up? You haven't made any faux pas that I know of. I've been gone for a few days because my daughter graduated on Friday night and I took Friday afternoon off so that I could take her to graduation practice and shopping for some new white shoes. Saturday I didn't get online all day because I was running her around to all her friends

parties and inbetween I have been working out in the yard and practically fell asleep in the shower last night.

Today after church, we came straight home and started working on some landscaping in our back yard.

I hope things are going well for you... i know you've probably been really busy with the kids last days of school and everything else.

Please tell me what's going on... i don't want to lose you!!!!!!! I appreciate all your good recipes and ideas. And i love your humor. You know I need you, Sweetie! You've been here with me from the start.

Lots of Love... Daisy

PS: Plus, what would I do without Teighlor Jayde to make me laugh??

PSS: I tried to e-mail you but i got it back... if you'd rather e-mail me cl_daisy526@yahoo.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-25-2003 - 8:54pm
ROFL! I guess he did look like he was melting! I thought he was crying but someone told me that was sweat. I hope he does okay, I know it's grueling being under that pressure not to mention all the hot lights & stuff.. plus the dance moves.

I still like Clay.... but i guess it's time I got over it... lol.

Have a great Memorial Day!

*** Daisy ***

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 1:15pm
Karen - I'm confused. What faux pas did you do? I haven't noticed anything at all. I know i haven't been around as much as I used to these days because of well, life. And I haven't been here since Friday morning. Did I miss something? What happened??? I know that you don't come here as often as you used to but I know that this is a busy time of year for you and I've always appreciated the effort you put into stopping here.

I honestly don't know what is going on. I haven't witnessed you doing anything at all wrong.

What's going on chickie?