Movie Quote Game Take 2

iVillage Member
Movie Quote Game Take 2
Tue, 05-27-2003 - 1:28pm
Ok. I thought I'd try this again. You seemed to have fun with it last time. I'll tell if you are right on guesses and maybe even give hints until Friday morning. Then I'll post all the answers on Monday or Tuesday (depends on how busy work is). Have fun!

Below are some random movie quotes. Please give the movie name and if you can, character or actor who said it. I've made it a bit more challenging this time by adding mini dialogues!

1. Speaker A: The swallow may fly south with the sun, or the house martin or the plover seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land.

Speaker B: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

2. I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you.

3. Speaker A: I don't know why Cletus drug your tired old bones here, he musta owed you somethin' fierce. Fact is, mister, you screw up this team, and I'll personally hide-strap you to a pine rail and ship you down the Monon Line!

Speaker B: Leave the ball, will you, George?

4. Speaker A:Who's there?

Speaker B: Never say who's there? Don't you watch scary movies? It's a death wish. You might as well come out to investigate a strange noise or something.

5. Speaker A: Alright! Do you know...the muffin man?

Speaker B: The muffin man?

Speaker A: The muffin man.

Speaker B: Yes, I know the muffin man. Who lives on Drury Lane?

Speaker A: She's married to the muffin man--

Speaker B: The muffin man?!?

Speaker A: THE MUFFIN MAN!!!

6. Speaker A: Here he is.

Speaker B: Who?

Speaker A: The man from the moon. But I think you've killed him already.

7. You cannot leave everything to Fate, boy. She's got a lot to do. Sometimes you must give her a hand.

8. I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way

9. I think I could love you again if you could, for once, say 'I don't know.'

10. If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer!

11. The things you own end up owning you.

12. Speaker A: Is this the elevator?

Speaker B: This is my ROOM!

13. You're living in the past father, this is the 14th century!

14. I'd be the worst possible Godfather. I'd probably drop her on her head at her christening. I'd forget all her birthdays until she was 18. Then I'd take her out and get her drunk. And, let's face it, quite possibly try and shag her.

15. I had them take out all the calories for you.

16. This is what it's going to be like in the factories, too, I suppose, isn't it? "The men are back, Rosie, turn in your rivets." We told them it was their patriotic duty to get out of the kitchen and go to work; and now, when the men come back, we'll send them back to the kitchen.

17. Brooke exercised. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't kill their husbands.

18. Love cant always be perfect. Love is just love

19. It's like finding a needle in a stack of needles.

20. Where does he get those wonderful toys?

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2003 - 12:20pm
OMG the sweetest thing?????? or something like that with cameron diaz and christina applegate.

jnathansmommyss.png picture by hecallsmeprincess2

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2003 - 10:00am
Hints for remaining quotes. I'll be gone for the weekend so don't be surprised if I don't answer your guesses until monday!!!!!!!!!!

3. Think basketball. Don't think it did great at the box office but an awesome and reveared movie.

6. HUGE blockbuster hit. Had a release lately with remaster effects.

9. A movie about an alcoholic woman.

12. A classic. The lead actresses (a classic beauty) first major starring role.

14. Fairly recent movie (but currently out on video). The lead actor tends to play cad-type roles.

15. Movie set in San Francisco. One of the co-stars used to appear on a long running tv show but seems to now be moving farther away from the dumb blonde roles...

18. Cute movie despite the ego of the female lead (who filmed this shortly after being arrested...).

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2003 - 9:48am
DING!DING!DING! Great job Nicky! You are right on all of them. See - you came back just in time. ;-) lol

Karen

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 7:56pm
LMAO thats the one that has me i KNOW i've heard it and recently. gahhh when someone figures it out i'll be like :o *duh* hehehe
  jnathansmommyss.png picture by hecallsmeprincess2

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 4:14pm
Okay after some thinking and researching!

1# Monty Python and the Holy Grail

7# Ever After with Drew Berrymore

10# Ace Ventura Pet Detective

11# Fight Club

19# Saving Private Ryan

The one about calories has me pulling hair! I know I've heard that but where??? AHHAH

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 12:10pm
I always LOVED Batman... but the Batman I loved was Adam West and Robin was Burt Ward... the originals way back in my day! LOL

I like the movies but I just can't seem to switch the channel when my Batman & Robin come on TVLand or Nick at Night.

When I was little my grandmother bought me a Batman lamp that I just loved... i left it on all night long! I also had Batman pajamas and i found out the other day that my husband had a Batman necktie when he was a little boy!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 10:42am
Ding! Ding! Ding! Yay for you. And no it's not too late. lol

I really didn't know if anyone would get the Sleeping Beauty reference. First movie I ever bought my self. lol

And the Joker's line in Batman is one of my favourites because I always wanted Batman toys myself.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 9:20am
Okay, so I am late...but I have just a couple of guesses of my own.

#13-Sleeping Beauty??

#16-A League of Their Own

#20-Batman???

Just don't tell me if I am wrong, okay so its okay.

Great game!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 8:02pm
Ding! Ding! Ding! You are correct on all counts.

It was Who Framed Roger Rabbit - spoken by Jessica Rabbit. That line always makes me laugh.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 8:00pm
Ding! Ding! Ding! You are correct. #2 is from Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone (or the Sorceror's Stone for most of you I suppose...) and it was Mr. Ollivander than said it.

And yes that's from scream 1 - it's Casey (drew barrymore) and the guy in the scream mask.

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages