Hello I'm back and brought you a recipe

iVillage Member
Hello I'm back and brought you a recipe
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 7:35pm
Hello,

I've been offline, lifes just busy!

Not much new going on. Hannah's growing fast almost done with Kindergarten and going into a new (better I hope) daycare for the summer. It's nice they do feild trips every Tuesday! Then she starts 1st Grade next year! YIKES! I'm not ready! LOL She grew from Mar 20th to May 15th exactly a half inch! See my problem! She's over 4feet tall and she's not yet 6! She weighs in the lower 60's. Not skinny but not chubby really either. She has a long back and long legs! It makes buying clothes a nightmare! Nothing fits right and if it does not for long. If I buy big they fall off or she's swimming in them I have yet to find something that I can buy that's bigger to grow in that she can still wear. Half the time it's right around the waist but too short in the legs or fits the legs but too big waist.... Shirts fit around her but too short, long enough and they are too big around! I try for the happy medium and she out grows them fast! But I don't want her to look like she's always wearing something too big or too small! Grrr. YEP it's shopping time for summer clothes and shoes...how could you tell? LOL

Anyrate here's a recipe and I know we have some cheese cake fans!

Smile,

Nicky

Jello Cheesecake

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs

4 cups cold milk

3 tbsp sugar

1/3 cup butter or margarine

2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened

2 packages (4-serving) Jello Instant vanilla pudding

*Try other pudding flavors like lemon, chocolate.. yum!

Combine crumbs, sugar and butter and mix well. Press mixture firmlyon bottom and on sides (to within 1 inch of top) of 9 or 10 inchspringform pan (or use 9-inch square pan; press mixture on bottom).Bake at 350 degrees about 8 minutes or until lightly browned.Cool.Beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth. Gradually add 1 cupof the milk, blending until mixture is very smooth. Add remainingmilk and pudding mix. Beat with rotary beater just until wellblended, about 1 minute. Pour carefully into crumb-lined pan.Chill until firm, about 3 hours. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.

Fun Tips!

-Put into clean yogurt containters, freeze and pack in lunch boxes. They'll thaw by lunch for a yummy dessert!

-Top with pie filling, like cherry!

-Put into a jello mold or bundt pan! Backwards. Pour in cheese cake mixture then top with crust. Chill untill set, remove mold. Top and serve. Looks pretty!

-Individual servings. Line a muffin pan with liners place a vanilla wafer cookie in bottom, top with cheese cake mixture. Chill until set. Then top with chocolate shavings, pie filling or fruit and serve.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 1:31pm
Hey Everyone!

Thanks. Hannah is getting so big but I guess I should remember the positives... like she can get on most all rides at a carnival! LOL

I made the cheesecake, vanilla, this weekend and put on some mini chocolate chips and I cheated and used bought chocolate graham cracker crusts! I forgot to warn you this recipe will make two large cheesecakes or one very deep one if you use the pan it calls for and crust. I generally make two large ones and put plastic wrap over one then put it in a large ziploc and freeze. Just thought I'd warn you! My whole family loves this recipe and I made mini ones using vanilla wafers to take to work. I think I got the wrong brand because the wafers were pretty small. And you want them fairly large. I got the idea that you could use any cookie that would fit and it would still taste great! Chips Ahoy cookies will be my next experiment!

Smiles,

Nicky

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2003 - 1:28pm
Awww... your baby sounds like she's growing by leaps and bounds! Give her a hug from me! Thanks for the recipe... you always have good ones! Hope you ahve a great week-end!

*** daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 10:04am
Well, I am sure your daughter will be thankful for her long limbs someday. I am 5"4 and always wanted to be the tall girl in the class. :) I can't wait to try your cheesecake thanks for the recipe.
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 8:07pm
Hey there. Welcome back! Oh my - she is growing fast isn't she??? lol I was always a wee thing as a kid but I went through this yucky what I call a deer stage where I had this teeny waist but everything was too short for my legs - and trust me, I'm not now nor have I ever in my life been tall! lol I just have long legs and arms. I've grown into them a bit more now but I remember in my early teens it was a nightmare trying to find pants. And it's still a bit of pain to try to find short skirts that don't hover on the slightly obscene line. lol

And the cheesecake sounds *yummy*! Love the tips too!

Good to see you back chickadee!