We're back from our trip!

iVillage Member
We're back from our trip!
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 2:42pm
Monday morning we were packed and gone by 7:30 and at the campsite getting set up by 11:00 or so at Ft. Pickens campground. Got set up and went into Pensacola to the museum at the NAS. We spent most of the afternoon there and at Ft. Barancas, which is built into a natural bluff, right on the bay - very nice. We caught up with the tour about halfway through and it was great. Then we went back to the museum to catch the bus tour. Dh was lovin it and I thought it was pretty neat too. Had to go to Wal-Mart b/c we'd forgotten the fan, bug spray and itch cream. (The yellow flies were bad!) Went back to the park saw one of dh's friends from work who was camping there too and met his wife, dog and cat. Then we puttered around and explored some. Saw these big guns that were right on the beach that were used for defense during WWII. Sat on the beach for a while and then went back to the campsite and had dinner, etc and was ready for bed by 9:00.

Tuesday, we woke up and went to the beach after breakfast. Then we went into Gulf Breeze and ate lunch. Then back to the park and took the Ft. Pickens tour, which was neat. Afterwards, back to the campsite and I took a nap. Then back to the beach and more exploring. Then dinner, showers and falling into the air mattress again exhausted.

Yesterday, I woke up at 5:00 having to pee and dh decided we'd go ahead and pack up and leave. By 5:30 or so we were gone. Ate breakfast on the way back and got home about 8:30.

When we had gotten unpacked, I called Mom to tell her we were home and she told me Kenneth had called her Tuesday night and talked for almost 30 minutes! He's doing good and she thinks they'll be there until September, although he didn't tell her that himself. We've heard some stuff that would indicate that though. And that my aunt's church had sent over a bunch of stuff for us to send Kenneth in care packages, which will stretch our funds even further. She also said that K had told her that he had gotten the package with Martha Washington candy in it, which was mailed about a month ago, if I remember correctly, so he seems to be getting them all in good time.

Today I'm at work with a terrible case of "I need a nap b/c I just ate lunch". Maybe I won't fall asleep sitting at my desk, lol.

Jo

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2003 - 1:26pm
Wow... sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait to get away somewhere, sometime soon! I love lazy getaways... where you just take things as they come and decide what you're going to do on the spur of the moment... so relaxing!

*** daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526