ISO Baked Spaghetti Recipe

iVillage Member
ISO Baked Spaghetti Recipe
Sun, 06-01-2003 - 8:52pm
I am ISO of this wonderful baked spaghetti caserole dish, that I had once in my late teens. It consisted of three types of cheeses, bacon, olives , onions , ground beef (i think) spaghetti pasta, tomato sauce and it gets baked in a casserole dish and its prepared in layers. If ANYONE knows the recipe, please post !!!

Thanks in advance.

Chai

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-24-2005 - 9:29am
bump

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-05-2005 - 5:52pm
bumping up

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 5:10pm
Hi Chai....How does this sound?

Baked Spaghetti

8 ounces thin spaghetti

28 ounces Stewed tomatoes, undrained

1 pound bacon

3 links Italian sausage, meat removed from casings

1 Onion, chopped

4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated

Grated Parmesan cheese for topping

1 teaspoon dried oregano

Dried or fresh parsley, to taste

Salt and pepper to taste

Spray with non-stick cooking spray or coat with oil a 9 x 13 pan. Cook spaghetti and set aside, in large bowl. Dice the bacon and fry until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and put into bowl with spaghetti. Save the bacon grease.

Fry the sausage meat in the bacon grease until done (break up all big pieces). Remove from pan and put into bowl with spaghetti and bacon. Save the bacon grease. Fry the onion in bacon grease until cooked thru but not browned. Remove from pan and add to spaghetti mixture.

Add stewed tomatoes to spaghetti mixture and mix well. Add oregano, parsley, salt and pepper and again, mix well.

Put spaghetti mixture into the 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on top and the parmesian cheese on top of that, covering the spaghetti well.

Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until top is nicely browned.

**** I know it's only got 2 cheeses but i figure you can add mozzarella, that is ALWAYS a good thing! ***

*** daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526