Manic monday? How was your weekend?

iVillage Member
Manic monday? How was your weekend?
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 10:17am
Went down to Vermont on Friday afternoon and spent the weekend at a cottage along the Champlain Islands. We went for a night time canoe ride on Friday night. On Saturday we went up to Stowe - pretty town, kinda touristy though I think. While we were there we stopped at the Von Trapp Family Lodge. Very nicely situated, gorgeous view. Would like to stay there someday, its very nice and seems like it would have some nice hiking trails around it. Yesterday the weather sucked so we played a board game and read books. I got home around 11pm. It's nice to come home. lol And I'm happy to report that my cat was very well behaved. She enjoyed herself securing a spot by the wood stove and looking out the window at the wild life.

This week is shaping up to be manic. Expecting company this weekend and I desperately need to CLEAN the apartment. Anyone wanna help?

How was your weekend? How's your week shaping up?

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 1:52pm
Good for you! I'm glad you had a nice weekend... just think back on it as things get hectic this week! ;)

Mine was filled with gardening and getting Hannah a fish tank and getting it all set up! She got five little neons, and three goldstreak? I don't remember now.. cute though! Plus her betta. It was fun and she's enjoying them.

My summer project is to get the garden, flowers, all situated and get Grandma's deck fixed and painted. After that we will be working on Hannah's room and then painting some of the house inside... after we give it a good cleaning and reorganizing. So my summer is filled! LOL However Father's Day weekend I'll be going camping which should be fun and hopefully relaxing! :)

Smiles,

Nicky

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:08pm
Since you are on my case to read Harry Potter, if you wave your wand and your apartment is clean, I'll read it.

Edited 6/2/2003 2:12:42 PM ET by rayeellen
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:11pm
Silly. I'm too old to get a Hogwart's letter therefore my hopes are dashed for ever holding a wand...but I do brandish a mean feather duster...

Soooooooooo does that mean that you will read the book when my apartment is clean??? lol

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:14pm
Nooo, you don't get off with simple hard work...
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:16pm
Well in Harry Potter they don't get off on waving their wands either. They have to work hard to learn the spells to make their wands do what they want them to. Hmph. But if you read the books you'd know that now wouldn't you??????????????

And we really need an icon for sticking out your tongue...and an eyeroll one....
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:21pm
If you can't have a wand, then how about twitching your nose? You want me to read Harry, which rubs me the wrong way because it's "Harry" and not say "Holly" or "Heather", then you gotta make me *believe*!
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:24pm
Harry's wand is made out of holly....

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:27pm
Is that kind of like the rib thing, except a bit sicker? Poor Holly! What a dark story!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:30pm
rofl! I knew you would take it like that...which is exactly why i posted it. Holly wood silly (and no not the one in California *eyeroll*) from a holly tree.

You believe in the themes, I know you do. And if you actually read them you would get to shut up both me and your daugter (who is obviously very intelligent) about getting you to read them and we could have wonderfully delightful and philosophical discussions about what is actually *in* them. hmph!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:35pm
HMPH! I wanna see Harry decide he's had enough of boyhood and want a spell to switch. That will catch my interest. And send half the planet to the nuthouse.

Pages