Manic monday? How was your weekend?

iVillage Member
Manic monday? How was your weekend?
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 10:17am
Went down to Vermont on Friday afternoon and spent the weekend at a cottage along the Champlain Islands. We went for a night time canoe ride on Friday night. On Saturday we went up to Stowe - pretty town, kinda touristy though I think. While we were there we stopped at the Von Trapp Family Lodge. Very nicely situated, gorgeous view. Would like to stay there someday, its very nice and seems like it would have some nice hiking trails around it. Yesterday the weather sucked so we played a board game and read books. I got home around 11pm. It's nice to come home. lol And I'm happy to report that my cat was very well behaved. She enjoyed herself securing a spot by the wood stove and looking out the window at the wild life.

This week is shaping up to be manic. Expecting company this weekend and I desperately need to CLEAN the apartment. Anyone wanna help?

How was your weekend? How's your week shaping up?

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:38pm
Well then I have a plan for you. Read the books, get a grasp on the characters and their world and write a fanfic making it the way you want to happen. That way I get what you want (you to read the books) and you get what you want (a tg storyline).

Sounds like a plan to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......................

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:47pm
I'd give him a girlfriend as well.. geesh, they burn Rowling's books now, that would really be fire fodder!
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 3:26pm
Well I know there are some stories out there were Harry is gay, mostly slash (overtly sexual and just well, wrong IMO). But I haven't seen anything where Harry is tg, has srs and gets a girlfriend. You could be a groundbreaker....
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 3:32pm
yes, but it has to stay pg even as tg! I don't much go for adding in the adult content. And of course, this is all in fun today.
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 3:34pm
Of course pg. I'd yell at you otherwise.

And I still think you should read the books. Be a good way to put the scary demons in wizard of oz that creeped you as a child to rest by saying HA! no all wizarding world stuff is creepy.

And yes, if any one else is reading this - this is all in fun. raye ellen and I go off like this frequently. lol

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 3:39pm
She likes giving me grief.

Even the first movie creeped me out.

Remember, I'm the one who got creeped out by Tolkien too. Don't like that either.

Edited 6/2/2003 3:42:05 PM ET by rayeellen

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 3:43pm
You've mentioned that they creep you out...but you've never really said what exactly or why...

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 12:14am
I just get spooked by what I see or read! Think about it. What happens when I see a story about someone who has been treated poorly?
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 9:02am
Yes, you are very emphathetic. Which is why I think you would like these books. I would honestly be very surprised if you got spooked by them. Even though they do have a bit of a dark tone to them, there is an underlying...hope I suppose through them. The belief in good.

I still think that you would really like them.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 9:05am
Fish. Cool! You know, I *never* had fish at all when I was a kid (well, not as an adult either...lol so I guess I could just say I've never had fish...). I kinda wanted a turtle but pet stores are not allowed to sell them where I grew up (not exactly sure why). Which reminds me - I saw a nesting turtle while I was in Vermont. It had climbed upland to lay it's eggs.

Any ideas on how you are going to paint Hannah's room? And what kind of flowers do you have?