Problem with new board.

iVillage Member
Problem with new board.
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 12:49pm
Lately when ever I check in to this board all of the messages are listed as "new" even if I have just read them.

Any one else have this problem?

Sandy

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 4:06pm
Hi Sandy. Two questions. 1. Are you signed in as soon as you get here? If you only sign in after having read some of the messages then it won't mark them all as read.

2. Have you deleted your cookies? If so then it will show ones that you've read as not being read.

Hope this helps.

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 8:42pm
Sometimes I have to refresh the board to get the dots to go away. I also have to keep remembering to sign in just as soon as I get to the board. I don't want to read a message without being signed in because then i have to click into it again to get it marked as read... lol. Confusing but it does help!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 11:29am
Try this!!! Go to the iVillage Message Board you like to start with in the morning, log on, right click on a blank space, go to Create a shortcut. This will place a shortcut on the Desktop. Every morning All I have to do is click on the shortcut icon and when it comes up I'm at my favorite board already to start the day. I also use the "favorite boards" feature by the logs on and board settings. This will take me from one board to another. It shows how many new messages there are and also if any one has responded to a message I have posted.

Hope this helps you. I also use Windows XP, and Norton Security, so depending on your level of security or whos name is the default you may have to change the defaut or level of Security.

Patty

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/yttap/siggys/
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 12:38pm
Thank you all for your help. I never had to log in before and had no problems until just this week. I'll use the short-cut feature and see if that does it.

Sandy

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg