13 Birthday Party (Girl)

iVillage Member
13 Birthday Party (Girl)
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 3:51pm
Hi, A teenager.....what do you give them to eat at a birthday party? They are not little girls now, and they are not quite adults! Any suggestions Please!

Thank you, Debbie

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-18-2003 - 2:29pm
Hiya......Thank you all for all the ideas and recipes, they were great. Unfortunately i run out of time to try any of them.

However, what i did was since it was a BBQ, i did the usual things chicken, burgers, sausages and kebabs. Lots of finger food, salad etc.

What i did do that went down great was did fancy cocktails with lots of crushed ice and fancy staws. The girls loved them. For the adults we of course had alchol in ours which went down well, so much so that my friends all want to have cocktail party's.

Thank you again, it was a great day

Debbie

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 8:03pm
Here's a quick pre-party preparation list:

1. check allergies: eggs, milk, peanuts - it will limit the choice

2. check religious convictions

3. you will find the ones that are already "image aware" and "oh, I couldn't eat that"

I find 2pm-6pm good for them and you. Post-lunch suggests more "afternoon tea" types of foods and finger food without pushing sweet sugary or fatty food.

Purely depends on the type of friends invited - more mature might like the more sophisticated: or the younger might like more "jolly" - food, music and leisurely chatting amidst some games, or food, yelling and boisterious gaming. Depends....

# mini pinwheel sandwiches with colourful fullings

# mini sausage rolls/mini meat pies/mini hot dogs

# mini quiches/mini pizzas

# fizzy drinks/water/juices

# slab cakes cut into small squares

# junk food - optional

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 2:31pm
You could make it an inter-active food buffet with Make-Your-Own-TACOS or Burritos - mexican theme food is always a favorite - dont forget the pinata - LOL !
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 6:31pm
Hi there Debbie! Nice to meet ya!

I agree with the pizza. Teens eat it up. The theme idea is neat sometimes too. Y'all could get out the cookbooks and have a whole menu planned, like a tropical theme with leis or something. When is the party?

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Jo

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 4:30pm
Do you have a party theme?

Inside or out?

BBQ fits most anything!

Teens still like PIZZA!

Give her a cookbook and have her pick?