need help!

iVillage Member
need help!
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 4:18pm
there was this dish i used to make about 10 years ago,with hamburger meat, green beans, ketchup, and instant potato.. but i cant find it or ALL of the ingredients... anyone have a clue, i think you baked it..but i forget how to layer it all...

thanks!

~laura

iVillage Member
In reply to: mslalala
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 4:57pm
Hi Laura! Welcome to the board. We are so glad that you're here. Congratulations on your baby girl... i have 2 girls... but they 20 & 17!! LOL But, I do remember those days.

Here's a recipe for you, it has tomato soup rather than ketchup but I'm sure you could substitute.

Hamburger Pie

4 potatoes

1 pound lean ground beef

1 onion, chopped

2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup

1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Peel and quarter potatoes, and introduce into boiling water; cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash. Set aside.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion until beef is brown. Drain. Stir in tomato soup and green beans. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Mound mashed potatoes in a ring around the meat mixture (do not cover meat). Sprinkle potatoes with shredded cheese.

Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, until potatoes are golden.

I'll keep looking for you but this is as close as I can get right now. Again, we're glad you're here with us and we can't wait to get to know you better!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526