Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper??

iVillage Member
Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper??
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 12:59pm
Did anyone grow up like me watching Hee Haw? If you did then you remember this part where a whole crowd of people would ask Grandpa Jones, "Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper?" Then he would list off a whole mess of down home southern dishes that would make your mouth water. Then the crowd of people would say, "Yum, Yum!"

I loved hearing about all that good food even as a kid. So.... all of that to get to this.... What's for supper tonight? I'm cooking Spaghetti, Garlic Bread & Tossed Salad. It's my daughter's 18th birthday and she got to choose! She picked that over going out to eat... can you believe it? lol

Okay... What's for supper tonight at YOUR house?

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 4:59pm
I knew what that was just by your title. My father was the original Hee Haw fan.

He used to make up his own 'Grandpa' supper jingles all the time.

BTW, we just got in from vacation, so supper is KY Fried Chicken.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2003 - 6:05am
YUM YUM!! I know it's not good for you, but I love it! I remember when I was a kid, growing up, my grandmother used to peel off the skin of her chicken and give it to me... can you believe it??? LOL I guess we didn't know how unhealthy it was way back then!

I'm so glad that someone else knew what I was talking about! I was afraid I was the only hillbilly around here! LOL

Hey, i sent you an e-mail, did you get it? If not, let me know at cl_daisy526@yahoo.com and I'll re-send it. I sent it via the e-mail on the iVillage profiles. Let me know, okay?

Thanks for being here even with this new format! lol

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526