More getting to know you ?s

iVillage Member
More getting to know you ?s
Sun, 07-13-2003 - 10:09am
Do you have a favorite charity/nonprofit organization or other cause?

Do you contribute to it? How so?

Do you donate to the Salvation Army/Goodwill or other such organizations?

Do you ever give or have you given recently to a school-type organization, i.e. the softball team, if they're doing fundraisers?

Is there any charity that you would never give to? If so, what is it and why?

Happy Sunday!

Jo

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 9:46am
Do you have a favorite charity/nonprofit organization or other cause?

I work for a Children's Miracle Network hospital, an international non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds for and awareness of children's hospitals. Marie Osmond and John Schneider started this in 1983. I also give to my church and the missionaries they support. Breast cancer is right up there too (my grandmother had it).

Do you contribute to it? How so?

I do..... I give money and i also volunteer my time both for CMN and my church community activities (raking leaves, painting, cleaning, etc.)

Do you donate to the Salvation Army/Goodwill or other such organizations?

Yes i do... LOTS AND LOTS. I used to donate all my kids clothes that they grew out of or didn't like and then my mom went up there and bought them back! lol

Do you ever give or have you given recently to a school-type organization, i.e. the softball team, if they're doing fundraisers?

I bought a coupon-book from a local school cheerleading team.. does that count? I also buy candy bars & such when they are selling them in storefronts or come door to door.

Is there any charity that you would never give to? If so, what is it and why?

That depends on what exactly they are doing with the money. I think almost any group can get permission to say they're a "charity" but I would never give to one that does things that I believe are wrong.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526