WINE....

iVillage Member
WINE....
Sun, 07-13-2003 - 11:40pm
Hello ladies. I guess i have a few questions, im not much of a drinker infact i havent drank n a few years. but i thought since i am single now i may have boyfriends over (who of course will be older haha) and i might like to have wine with dinner sitting infront of the fireplace etc. Are there wines out there that dont have too much "alcohol flavor" something more fruity? i was thinking of checking out a winery or something when i get home and go on a taste test to find the right one for me LOL

do any of u have any recommendations?

(btw, i am movin back to houston next sunday..will not be on much at first but gradually will find the time)

thanks for all your help

Michele

jnathansmommyss.png picture by hecallsmeprincess2

iVillage Member
In reply to: jonathansmomy
Sun, 07-13-2003 - 11:43pm
I'm not much of a wine drinker, but find white zinfindel okay (I'm SURE I butchered that spelling). It has a fruity taste to it. Good luck with everything.

Tracy

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 9:49am
Sweetie, I don't drink at all so I have no idea. But I did want to let you know that I'm thinking about you. I hope that everything works out good and that you can be happy again soon.

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 12:07pm
Thank you guys, im doing alright now. Hes coming over today with his friend to get more things. How is everything with you Tracy? its easier for me to talk on IM rather than email LOL. I have yahoo, msn and AIM so if u wanna chat on one of those let me know?

Michele

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 1:23pm
I have found a Cafe Chardonnay wine made by Gallo, Twin Valley to be light and pleasing to the taste.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 1:33pm
Thanks for asking. I am holding in there too, but unfortunately am in the same boat as you. He told me Thursday that it is over and he wants a divorce. We are fixing up our house to sell. It's been a horrible weekend, but in an odd way, it's like a huge weight has been lifted. I am june671 on AIM. I work nights this summer, but am online a lot in the mornings, or at 2:00am if you're up LOL. I actually AM online a lot in the 2-3:00am range since I am just getting home from work.

Hope you are doing okay.

Tracy

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 1:52pm
Tracy... i'm sorry to hear of this. I wish i could have a magic wand to go around and fix everyone's problems... but i know that's not possible. I hope that you know we're all here for you if you need to talk at all and i'm Daisy526 on AIM (i added you, i hope that was okay) and i'm usually on all day. Lots of Love..

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 1:59pm
I don't like dry wines and prefer sweet ones. I like White Zin and Lambrusco,this is a dark red wine but very sweet. Also the Wild Vines line is fruity. I dislike Merlot but in this line it is sweet. They have fruit juice in them and are not highly alcohoic like others. They also have a mix out now kinda like a slushy drink mix that you mix with your wine. Very good if you like fruity cold drinks on a hot day. Your best bet is to say with a rose color wine they seem to usually be sweet and if you get headaches from drinking you should stay away from red it seem to trigger headaches for some people.

Jan

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 2:02pm
awww, i guess i feel the same way. i mean i want to stay together but i know that neither of us were happy and im ready to move on. LMAO girl u have no idea i am on alllll night :D

lately i havent been getting to bed until around 4 or 5 am. i need to get off of here and get n the shower right now i'll IM you when i see ya on.

talk to you later

take care girl