How do you prefer to prepare supper o...

iVillage Member
How do you prefer to prepare supper o...
Wed, 07-16-2003 - 10:48am

How do you prefer to prepare supper on those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer?

• Outside Grill
  • Crock Pot
  • Oven
  • Inside Grill
  • Stovetop
  • No-cook (salads, sandwiches, etc.)
  • Take Out
  • Other (please explain in a post)

You will be able to change your vote.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 9:53am
Oh i get so much of my inspiriation to cook from watching cooking shows! My husband doesn't like to watch them because it makes him too hungry! It doesn't make me hungry, just makes me want to cook something! lol Glad you're experiencing some inspiration to cook... i love it!!

*** Daisy ***

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 8:21am
Thanks Daisy.

Hey - - I DID try my hand at Fried Chicken last night! I'm 45 and this was my first attempt :::i know - - incredible:::::

Watched a cooking show and just decided what the heck and it turned out GREAT!!! Unfortunately, since I had very little faith it would work, had nothing to go with it!! Well, it wasn't exactly 'quick & easy'! - - I had my hands full...and pretty gunky too!(LOL)

So, I'm slowly getting into cooking.

Sure will take some peeks in here on your board to see what's up.

Thanks again.

~tracy~

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 6:46am
Well hello there Tracy! Welcome to the board... I can't believe i forgot about the Microwave!! Or the Toaster Oven!! Oh well.. i guess i did cover myself with the "other" option!

That meal sounds great to me! I'll take it! lol Hey... you stick around here and we'll have you trying your hand at cooking lots of great dishes... we all love QUICK & EASY!!

Thanks for responding... and i hope to see you around her a lot.. we'd love to get to know you better and help you!

*** Daisy ***

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-17-2003 - 1:07pm
I'm an 'other'.

In the summer time, (and virtually all the time), I'm a 'waver. I have 2 microwaves that go full time! Really just heating things up - - not a real cook here...But can put together a deli roasted chicken, a bag of roasted garlic mashed tators, green beans, carrots and Heinz chicken gravy in a flash! Of course, the toaster-oven Does get used to broil up some garlic bread.

tracy