HELP...I NEED a easy & quick meatloaf...

iVillage Member
HELP...I NEED a easy & quick meatloaf...
Wed, 07-16-2003 - 2:20pm
recipe. I like mine more on the saucey side than the dry side. Thanks in advance for the help!!

cl-JeNN

FIT BY FRIDAY board

iVillage Member
Hi there Jenn... welcome to the board! The best meatloaf recipe I've ever tasted is on the Lipton Dry Onion Soup package. It is not dry by any means and is SOO good! Meatloaf used to be a joke around my house because it is my husband's favorite meal but i couldn't make a good one if my life depended on it for the first 5 years of our marriage... but now, 18 years later... he LOVES my meatloaf and all I had to do was check out the back of that Onion Soup package! lol

Onion Soup Meatloaf

2 eggs, beaten

1/3 cup ketchup

3/4 cup water

1 packet dry onion soup mix

1 1/2 cups bread crumbs

2 pounds lean ground beef

Combine eggs, ketchup, water, and soup mix; mix well. Add bread crumbs and beef; mix well. Shape into loaf and place in a shallow pan. Bake at 350° for about 1 1/4 hours.

Serves 8 to 10.

I hope that helps you some... and I hope we see you around here often!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-09-2003 - 12:59am
I dreamed up my own meatloaf recipe a few years ago, you might decide to play with the ingredients yourself. Use whichever ground meat or poultry you like, DH and I both like ground turkey a lot. The sweet pepper relish (NOT pickle relish) is found in the pickle section of your grocery store, most stores carry a couple of brands, it adds a nice sweet taste to your meatloaf. I also like to use one of the two-piece meat loaf pans, it drains off the grease while it cooks, it really does taste better that way.

I mix 2 lbs. ground turkey (or beef, or combination of beef and pork, your choice)

Mix in 1 cup fresh bread crumbs you whirl in your blender from bread slices

Add 1 egg

Add about three-fourth's cup of sweet pepper relish

Mix well and put in loaf pan, put a layer of more sweet pepper relish over the top

Bake about an hour and 15 minutes at about 375 degrees

~~joannaran~~