I bought an "injector"......

iVillage Member
I bought an "injector"......
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 10:11am
Any ideas on What might be good to "inject" in my bird??(LOL)

That thing is wicked looking - - so, you suck up some marinade, then stab the chicken and squirt it in the birdie??

I'm always at a loss when it comes to marinading chicken...I've bought marinades before, but is there something I could just "whip" up that would be tasty?

I'm so excited about my new "injector" - - makes me look like a I Know what I'm doing!

~~tracy~~

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 1:35pm
Congratulations girl.... you're ON YOUR WAY!!! LOL

HEre's one to get you started! It's for a turkey but works well with a chicken too...

Lemon Garlic Marinade*

1/2 cup olive oil

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

6 large garlic cloves

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

peel from one lemon

In blender, combine olive oil and lemon juice. While blending, drop in garlic cloves one at a time. Gradually add lemon peel strips. Continue to blend until mixture is pureed.

Using an injector, inject marinade into all parts of the thawed turkey. Strain marinade if difficulty passing through injector. Gently massage turkey to distribute marinade.

Place turkey in a large plastic bag (cooking bag or clean trash bag). Close bag and refrigerate overnight. Deep fry or roast according to National Turkey Federation recommendations. *Makes enough for a 10-pound turkey.

I might cut this in half for a chicken or even into 3rd or 4th for chicken parts... lol.

Or if you want to put some in the fridge for next time, make the whole thing! I'll try to find more for you but i mainly buy mine, some of them are SO darn good!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526