Friday Five

iVillage Member
Friday Five
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 1:00am
I'm thinking about questions about our pasts tonight. Nothing sorid, don't worry LOL.

1. What type of school did you attend (public, private, all girls, etc.)?

2. What were you involved in while growing up (sports, drama, arts, band, etc.)?

3. What is your best high school memory?

4. Did you attend college or any other type of school following high school? Where?

5. What was your first "real" job, following school?

Have a great weekend.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 1:04am

~public schools all 12 years

2. What were you involved in while growing up (sports, drama, arts, band, etc.)?

~ I was into swimming. I swam for a USS league year round team.

~I loved the high school soccer games. My school won the state tournament a lot back then and the sport was huge. Games were a blast.

4. Did you attend college or any other type of school following high school? Where?

~I went to Eastern KY University

~police officer in a nearby small town

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 11:10am
I'm running a little behind schedule (i'm leaving to go out of town) so I figured I'd answer real quick before i leave.

Public the whole way

Band... i started in elementary school playing the clarinet and i ended up in the Marching Band in High School... that was fun.

Well, my high school was pretty close to a major road in this town and my senior year I remember my husband (then boyfriend) riding down that road hollering out the window that he loved me.. lol. That wasn't really a school memory, but it did happen when i was at school! I didn't enjoy my school years much... i wanted to get out and get a job making money!

no college here... i started working in the hospital where i am now employed when i was a senior in high school and just went full time after i graduated high school.

The hospital job... lol.

Have a great week-end everyone!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 12:26pm
1. What type of school did you attend (public, private, all girls, etc.)? Public

2. What were you involved in while growing up (sports, drama, arts, band, etc.)? Sports and dance teams

3. What is your best high school memory? Graduation!!!

4. Did you attend college or any other type of school following high school? Where? I went to one sememster or College and hated it so decided to attend Cosmotology school.

5. What was your first "real" job, following school? Cosmotologist.

Jan

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 2:36pm

Public but very tiny. Approx 600 kids preK-12 and 28 including me in my graduating class.

Girl Scouts, FHA and FBLA

Definately our senior trip to NYC, although we were all getting sick of each other after 13 years and wanted to hurry up and graduate. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Yes, FSU-PC, where I recieved my B.S. in communication art or my B.S. in bs-ing as my coworker says.

This one. I lucked out. My mom told me about it about a week and a half after graduation and three weeks later I started.

Happy Friday!

Jo

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 6:47pm

~~public the whole time

~~played piano and in school played violin and viola with the orchestra

~~it's silly - - was raffled off for a Student Council fund-raiser - - I went for $17.00 and back THEN, that was GOBS of money!(LOL)

~~took night classes at the community college, but never enough for a degree.

~~Real job where you have to work 5 days a week was at the phone company as a telephone operator. Lots of fun!

Have a great weekend to you all too.

~~the Other tracy :o)

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 6:51pm
~~5. What was your first "real" job, following school?

~police officer in a nearby small town

That is too cool!! DId the "guy" officers respect you? My husband always tells me I should be a traffic cop because I always want to bust the speeders! The Speed Limit is the Limit - - not a suggestion!(LOL)

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 6:54pm
~Band... i started in elementary school playing the clarinet and i ended up in the Marching Band in High School... that was fun.~

Lucky!!!!!!!!!! I was in orchestra and we had to SIT all the time and not ever get to go anywhere!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 6:57pm
5. What was your first "real" job, following school? Cosmotologist

I always wanted to do that!! I bet it's a lot of fun!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2003 - 12:00am
Little frightened of the 'raffling'. What does one have to for for $17, or should I ask LOL???

Tracy

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2003 - 12:03am
Policing is the only thing I have ever wanted to do. I laugh and say I have to do it because "I have no skills". I still am a cop, just with a bigger agency. Never had much of a problem with the respect thing.

Tracy

Pages