Question of the Day - Aug. 6, 2003

iVillage Member
Question of the Day - Aug. 6, 2003
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 11:25am
Are you an Elvis fan? The 26th anniversary of his death is August 16th. One of the movie channels are going to commemorate it by showing his movies all day (AMC maybe). Thought maybe we'd do an Elvis Day or something to commemorate it. Maybe on the 15th since most everyone is busy on the week-ends, including me.. lol. Any ideas?

*** Daisy ***

PS: I'm a HUGE Elvis Fan... my grandmother was too. She used to invite me to stay at her house whenever an Elvis movie was on tv so we could watch it together. The movies always remind me of spending time with her. She died back in 1982.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 5:56pm
Daisy, what a nice memory of your grandmother and Elvis, Yes I loved Elvis. Let us know what we will be doing, I'll be there. Hugs, Barb
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 8:52pm
Oh Daisy how I love that guy! My DH and I went on a trip to Hawaii a few year back. We rented a car (Mustang convertiable) and drove down the coast of the Big Island to Kona. We had Elvis music playing on the radio and I could have sworn I saw him riding a horse on the beach! My lst Elivis experience was with my Aunt - she is my Mom's youngest sister and closer in age to me than my Mom - she took me to see Elvis's 1st movie - the black and white one where he sang "Old Tramp" & - her girlfriends and she were crying there eyes out! I did not know what all the fuss was about at the time, but it did not take me long to chatch on! My 2nd "Special Elvis" memory was when he came to my home town and I got to see him in concert. It was just before he passed away. He was pretty heavy at the time, but his voice OH HOW I LOVE his voice! I stil pretend he was singing just for me!

Sandy

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg