Perimenopause is for the birds...ugh

iVillage Member
Perimenopause is for the birds...ugh
Sun, 01-03-2010 - 10:37pm

For one thing, perimenopause is contributing to my depressed feelings. I am having nights sweats and then I get cold from sweating. I wake up cold and sweating. My hair is soaked....eeewwww. I am on birthcontrol pills to help with the hormone replacement, but when I have to take my break for those 7 days to get my monthly friend, my hormones go crazy and the night sweats are bad. I am just finishing my period this month and I am hoping now that I am back on my next pack of pills the night sweats will ease up, at least until I have to take the 7 day break again. I wish I could take the pills that are continous, but they are not strong enough.

I have even been still fighting a bug I have had for a month. I will think I am getting better, then I will start to run a low grade temp again....gesh. I just want to feel healthy for goodness sake. My sleep has been all disturbed. I am up all night and sleep til 1-2 in the afternoon. Then I am tired by 6pm, but cannot go to sleep. Then by 10pm I am bugged eyed....tired but too wired up to sleep. I am trying to make myself get up early even if I do not sleep the night before, but that has been hard.

I did have a good thing happen the other day. My cousin called me and offered to buy us some food. She took me to the store and bought us some good stuff. I am so very appreciative and grateful for her generousity. It also made me feel good that someone in my extended family cared about the hard times we have been going through.

My dear

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 11:12am

Yes, it really is for the birds, I concur!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 5:17pm
If they could bottle my hot flashes they would solve global warming

Huggs, Ellie

Huggs, Ellie

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 9:37am

Amy,

I have been to the menopause & perimenopause board several months ago. They were very helpful and gave me some tips. Sometimes the tips work and other times my body just does not cooperate. I do a lot of layering now. I cannot wear a sweater, unless it is one I can take off and have a light weight top on under it. What also happens is, when I first go to bed I am freezing, so I put more blankets on me. I must have a hot flash while sleeping because then I will wake up sweating, but cold. I must have cooled down before waking up. Then I am feezing again, but wet. I have to get up and change and sometimes blow dry my hair while half asleep. I am only 41, but I am hoping this perimenopause turns to full blown menopause soon. My gyn said I could be dealing with this until I am 50....YAY...LOL....NOT.

Now my dear starts work Thursday. Things are always getting put off. I feel like we are never going to get back on our feet and get our own place again. This is a bad day for me. I go from being super positive and then forcing the positive, to days that feels like my life is doomed. I have had a few anxiety/panic attacks the past week. I thought I was having a heart attack a few days ago. I had the symptoms, but good ole' panic can make you feel like that. I worry bacause my dad died of a heart attack at 44.

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 9:44am
That made me laugh Ellie. I know I could sometimes heat up a tropical island...lol.

~ Tina ~

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 3:29pm
It might feel right now like things won't improve, but they will.