Need ideas on a 'put together meal'

iVillage Member
Need ideas on a 'put together meal'
Sat, 08-09-2003 - 10:40am
I am getting together with family this coming weekend and I need ideas on what I can make. I would like to be able to make the ingredients and then everyone put the ingredients together to make their own meal. I already have the idea of making Fajitas. I need one more idea for the second day. I am not sure if we have access to a grill (last time we used the grill we started a fire on the outside of the grill). I am coming up blank on ideas and need help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Twinmom.working

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-09-2003 - 12:40pm
Hi there and welcome to the board! Sounds like you're going to have a good time. I'm not sure how much we can come up with that doesn't need to be cooked on a grill but here goes:

Flour Tortilla Pinwheels

Submarine Sandwiches

Cold Fried Chicken (fried at home & transported there)

Salads in Pita Bread

Bagel Sandwiches

Salad Sandwiches (Chicken, turkey or egg salad)

I'll leave some recipes below in the recipe section for you too. I hope this helps you some. If you need anything specific, please let us know. Hope to see you often and we'd love to get to know you better! Take Care, Sweetie.

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-09-2003 - 5:38pm
I always like to do make your own pizza. It's easy using the pre-made dough and have the toppings cut up and ready. Just pop them in the oven (or grill) until cheese melts and they are always delicious. Tacos and tostadas are another easy item that guests can put together themselves. Sounds like a fun time, enjoy! ~Cheryl~