Anybody tried Schwanns?

iVillage Member
Anybody tried Schwanns?
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 1:12pm
It's probably not very frugal but I have known some people that said the food was delicious. Has anyone ever tried it and if so is it too terribly expensive to be worth it? Thanks, Jackie
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 1:33pm
Hi there and welcome to the board. I did buy a few things about 5 or 6 years ago but i haven't since then. It's funny you mentioned this, i seen the Schwann truck at the neighbors house across the street last week and told my kids I wouldn't mind ordering from them. I am sure they're not too frugal either, but I'm sure not everyone uses them every day... just for in a hurry meals, etc...

Thanks for popping in ... i hope someone here can answer your question. I thought the things I bought were pretty good so I don't see why they wouldn't be now.

*** Daisy ***

PS: Hope to see you around more... we'd love to get to know you!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 3:57pm
I love Schwanns, I just had a pizza stuffed pretzel for lunch. I also like the salmon fillets and the the french fries are really good (baked or deep fried) my dh like the summer sausage. I really don't think it is cheeper than the grocery store,depending on where you shop but it is convient and for my family, ( just two) it is great.I have not had anything that I didn't like. Try the jumbo stuffed pasta shells, great.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 5:20pm
Thanks for the input and the welcome. I'm pregnant with my 5th and am looking around for easy meal ideas for after the baby comes. I like to lurk here and I'll probably be posting more. thanks again, Jackie
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-12-2003 - 12:00pm
I've been tempted to. We used to have a service that brought packaged prepared foods, back when our freezer was still in working order . With a large and busy family, it sure is nice to save the trips to the store.

Now, the prices may seem a bit high. However, if you figure out what you'd be spending at the store for all the ingredients, and factor in what you'd be wasting in unused foods or stuff that gets freezer burn, you may find it economically feasible. People in my neighbohood love Schwann's!

Good luck!

Alysia :-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-12-2003 - 8:56pm
Hi! We buy from Schwann's all the time. We generally do not buy their meats as they are (I think) very expensive. Their jalapeno poppers, buffalo type wings, pasta salads, ice creams, pizzas, biscuits, etc are all very good. In fact, we only ever purchased one item we didn't care for and the delivery man wanted to reimburse our money. While you probably could buy alot of Schwann's items for a bit less at the grocery store the convenience makes it worth while.
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-13-2003 - 7:25am
What's a "Schwanns"???????????? Never heard of it.

Sandy

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-13-2003 - 8:55am
Hi Sandy... i'm sorry.. i never thought about someone not knowing about Schwans. It's a company that has yellow refrigerated trucks that will deliver frozen pre-packaged food (casseroles, desserts, etc.) to your door. I am sure it costs more than if you bought it at the grocery store but a lot of people think the convenience is worth it. They have a regular route and you'll usually get the same person delivering week after week (or however often they come). I believe they only work 4 days a week though.. but work their butts off those 4 days.. lol. The food is pretty good too. Here's their website in case you want to check it out...

http://www.schwans.com/

This is making me want to order some stuff... lol.

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-13-2003 - 8:47pm
Thanks for the info. Don't know if they are around here - will have to check it out.

Sandy

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-16-2003 - 5:16pm
Hi guys - - haven't popped in in a while because I have been , , umm, , I'm getting the "live-feed" from the Big Brother TV show!(LOLOL) and I've become a reality tv victim BIG TIME!

Schwans is great - - - for us here in Arkansas, it's nice because of the variety of foods already prepared. Boy, we get lots of stuff but can't live without their Breaded Haddock patties, the curly seasoned fries, the orange-pineapple frozen yogurt and this pasta thing with bow ties shrimp and broccoli - - YUMMMMM!!!

I like it because they are reasonable - - maybe a little more than the store, but don't have to worry about frozen stuff melting on the way home in the summer is good thing.

~~tracy