Great dates but now silence

iVillage Member
Great dates but now silence
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 9:08am

Met a guy last Friday through some friends. He was here visiting. We sat and talked for a couple hours straight till I had to leave the bar.

I let my friend know I was interested and he passed on my number to which the guy immediately texted me and we went out that night (Monday) as he was to leave on Tuesday and short notice was the only option for meeting.

We had a great time, non stop talk and lots of laughter. We ended the date by doing a little make out session at my car. We both just had a great time. He mentioned he wanted to get to know me more but was leaving and I said...Well don't. Since he was driving back home he said he could stay one more day if I would go out with him. Of course I would..and did.

The next night he picked me up at my home and we had a glass of wine and talked again for over an hour before heading to dinner. At dinner the conversation never stopped and we ended up closing the restruarant down.

He came back to my place and we finished the bottle of wine and continued talking, laughing and started making out. At this point is was 2:30am and I told him I had to get to bed but if he wanted to stay he could sleep over. Of course he did.

We slept, no sex, and then in the morning work up and made out again...no sex...third base in the old school form (I keep hearing how there's a new "third base".

Since I had to work, he left and said he would text me later.....he was leaving town.

I didn't hear from him at all that day (Wed), so I sent him a text on Thur just saying "thinking of you" and 30 secs later had a reply "whatcha thinking" so I just said something cute and he sent back a big smile. I've heard nothing since.

The guy comes to town off and on and kept talking about future things we could do together when he's back.

I would think I would've heard from him again since Thursday when I sent the text.

I don't want to go to my friends and ask "what's up with him" since I don't want to appear clinging, thinking we have

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 9:22pm

Do NOT send him another text.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 11:37pm

Too much too soon. Way too soon for a sleep over.