Any "30 Minute Meals" fans here?

iVillage Member
Any "30 Minute Meals" fans here?
Sun, 08-17-2003 - 10:38am
Any of you watch the show on Food Network called "30 Minute Meals" with Rachel Ray? I just started watching her and I LOVE her!!(lol)

It's one thing to read a recipe, but to see her actually cook it all right then and see the actual procedures is Great! I actually have cooked 3 of her meals on my own, which is really something as I am NOT a cook.

She did a show where she cooked Tilapia, which before the show I had never heard of. It's a mild white fish for those that don't know....anyhow, I found the fish and other ingredients and it came out WONDERFUL!!

I also did her Rosemary Balsamic Chicken with Brown Butter Ravioli and Warm Spinach Salad with Pancetta and Sweet Vinaigrette.........the ravioli with balsamic was so delicious and quick. Unfortunately, I probably "cooked" my spinach instead of "wilt", but I'll do better on that next time.

Really, I'm not pushing the show,, but for those who can catch it, she really does prepare some tasty stuff quickly and it sure is helping me to learn to fix some good and QUICK dinners. Check it out.

~~tracy

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-17-2003 - 3:00pm
I have not watched it, but I have a girl friend who never misses it. She loves it! I need to sit down and watch it some day soon. I am all for a good home cooked meal that doesn't take me all night to make!

Lesa

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-17-2003 - 7:31pm
Yes - there are quite a few of us Rachel Ray fans on this board. We have talked about her often. Also LOVE her "$40 a Day" show where she goes to a city and eats breakfast, lunch and dinner all for $40 or under!

Would love to have her job!

Sandy

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2003 - 12:22pm
I love the concepts of the shows -- and watch them because of that. But for some reason Rachel Ray bothers me. She seems superficial or fake some how -- just a little too excited about some stuff.
amy
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2003 - 12:33pm
You know, I had to laugh when I read your comment about her bothering you as she seems a bit to excited sometimes! My sister can't stand her - - she says something about how she oooooooos and ahhhhhhhhs and her expressions!(lol)........it's funny how I didn't even notice that at first but after someone says something about it, it becomes like all you even see! Yeah, she has her "moments", but, still, I love what she does and how fast she can do it!

Thanks for the chuckle! Maybe somebody will give her a heads up someday!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2003 - 1:09pm
I am totally in cahoots with your sister!! Her body expressions even bother me!! haha.
amy
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2003 - 1:19pm
TOO FUNNY!!

Somebody needs to go "twice around the pan" with a little "EVOO" on her!!

ROFLMBO!!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2003 - 4:56pm
Girl.. I love Rachel Ray... I've posted before about how much i love her... but it was before you came to us. I love her 40 Dollar meals too where she goes to different cities and finds local restaurants and only spends 40 dollars a day. I get upset if i miss her show each night. She's my favorite on the Food Channel... and to think... she's had no "Official" training...

I'm so glad that you're trying her recipes... i watched the Tilipia one too where she talked about the guy she got hooked up with and he had cooked Tilipia too... lol. I will have to try it soon... i'm not a real fish eater, but that did sound particularly good and now i've got proof!

Glad you're back... i missed you!!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2003 - 5:26pm
Aw, You are a sweety Daisy!

Do try that Tilapia tho - - it's not at all fishy - - I Never cook fish that I have to prepare myself...this was the first. One recommendation I would offer tho - - IF you make the whole meal, the sauce she prepares with those tomatillas - - Since it's just my hub and myself - - - that was a tremendous amount of sauce...I'd reduce it by at least half, only using maybe 4-5 tomatillas. But, it was deelish AS was the Maque Choux, that corn, red pepper, jalapeno side dish!! Yummmm!! and I'd have never had it if not for Rachel Ray!

Yep, I've caught the $40 Dollars a Day show too!! I love her show, but, she can be a bit "goofy"! All that talk about her "Sweetie"!(lol)....you know, Foodnetwork even has a message board for Rachel fans! So, lots of folks like her. I had no idea she had no "official" training. . . sounds like she got lots of experience from her Granpa and her Daddy tho.

Well, speaking of the devil(lol), she'll be coming on here very soon - - and I'm ready and waiting to catch her "30 Minute Meals"! Hope you can catch it too!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2003 - 11:28pm
I did! I can't wait to try those inside out bacon cheeseburgers! Looked mighty good to me! I've already printed out the recipe. Okay, do you think i can cook Tilapia even though I can't spell it??? LOL I was in a hurry at work (my hubby picked me up today) and I didn't even check the spelling. I will be getting some though, i'm not a real fish eater but i'm going to try it.

I know some people think Rachel is sorta goofy but i like her. My daughter thinks she's a bit on the too perky side too.. lol. I was hoping that someday she would be a guest CL on our board....they used to do that every so often. I just might have to check into that. My favorite is when she says "beyootiful!" lol Okay, I'm just as goofy as her.. I admit it! ;0)

*** Daisy ***

PS: Her "garbage bowl" idea is great!!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-19-2003 - 11:40am
~~PS: Her "garbage bowl" idea is great!!

~~I have to laugh at that!! I had a bowl on the counter when I was doing my Tilapia, throwing in the tomatilla husks, and my husband says What is THat? I told him it was my garbage bowl, like Rachel....(lol). . . next I'LL be saying ..."beyootiful!" (lol).

Yes, those burgers looked good!!

Daisy, now, those Tilapia fillets are SUPER EASY!! and Good! you know fish is supposed to be good for us. "Rachel" says Tilapia is a fish that is almost impossible to screw up and will make you look like a star. Douse them up really good with that cumin and paprika and salt and pepper, make up a little of that sauce, and YUM YUM!! Make the Maque Choux to serve with it! My Husband loves that! Just be careful scraping the corn off the husks - - I had corn juice spraying all over the place!(lol)

She IS goofy, but that's what makes her entertaining!! I like her too.

~~tracy

Pages