Challenge.....

iVillage Member
Challenge.....
Wed, 08-20-2003 - 9:20am
Every once in a while, we have a cooking challenge here and I thought it was about time we tried one....

I challenge everyone to try a new recipe next week sometime.... post here what you'll be trying (it could be from the RECIPE COLLECTION below or some new recipe you've found in a magazine or from a friend or in a cookbook, but if it's not posted here, please post it in the RECIPE COLLECTION down below). Then come back with a REVIEW afterwards (good or bad) for everyone to read.

What do you think????

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-20-2003 - 10:56am
What a great idea!

Daisy, I'm going to have to get back with you tho on what I'll try - - I want to see what ole "Rachel" has up her sleeve tonight and tomorrow....then, I'll post the recipe I choose. She did something called "Braciole" last night that looked good, but, I'm not sure I want to tackle that just yet.

Will definitely let you know and I'll post the recipe I'm cooking.

Again, Great idea and am really looking forward to see what everybody Else does as I'm looking for good ideas for myself.

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-20-2003 - 11:21am
OK...well I'm thinkin of tryin the greek pasta you posted earlier. It sounds sooo good and has my mouth just watering. I love artichokes with pasta!

Hugs,

Em

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-20-2003 - 11:27am
Count me in. I have a recipe I have been wanting to try. I can't remember if I printed it off this site, or the Crock-Pot site. Anyway, I'm at work and don't have it in front of me. It's a chicken dish that uses lime-ade. I'll post it here if it came from the other site. I'll find out when I get home :-)

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 9:17pm
OK well there definitley needs to be a OMG, that was just about the best thing I've ever had icon! I just made Daisy's Greek Penne and it was soooooo good! We just got done eating about 15 minutes ago and I'm already thinking that it would make great leftovers served cold too! Thanks Daisy, you made my night!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-29-2003 - 9:01am
YAY!!!! I'm so glad you liked it! I agree with you that there needs to be one of thos icons! We've talked about getting more food related icons... like "finger licking good" or "lip smacking good"... lol. But i think i like yours better! LOL

I am so excited that you tried this recipe... i just might try it too.. i've been putting it off. I was also thinking about making this Key West Chicken recipe that I'm about to post too. Maybe i'll just do both!

*** Daisy ***

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-29-2003 - 10:20am
Emily - I saw there is Feta cheese in the recipe you made - - what do you think of Feta? I've never had it - is it bitter? I'm a chicken when it comes to trying Cheese!(lol)

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-29-2003 - 12:27pm
Feta is one of my absolute favorites Tracy. It's not bitter at all but is fairly salty, that's why it balances so well in salads and with chicken, anything thats a little more bland normally. Sometimes if I find it just a little too salty for me, I soak it in a little water for a short time and then drain and use. I absolutely love it though. It's really soft and crumbly and just mmm mmm good :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-29-2003 - 12:41pm
I love Feta too! But like Bleu Cheese, a little goes a long way! I love strong sharp cheeses though.... but then again, i'm just an all around CHEESE FREAK! I love tasting new cheeses.... Mmmm.... wanting some smoked gouda now.... or some goat cheese.... oh just gimme some cheese!! LOL

*** Daisy ***