Sunday Survey (8/24)

iVillage Member
Sunday Survey (8/24)
Sun, 08-24-2003 - 11:35am
Care to explain how you got your screen name?

How did you discover ivillage?

How long have you been an ivillage message board user/lurker?

When I discovered the message boards, I mainly looked up child related things. I spent the bulk of my time on child sites, so I became tracywithtwo, for my two kids. As time went on, I moved away from the kids sites, and only play on the food sites. Believe it or not, I heard about ivillage from my dad. He heard about the parentsoup message boards from his secretary. That was around January 2002. In playing around myself, I found the food sites. I have been a regular on Q and E since spring of 2002.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-24-2003 - 12:45pm
How interesting - - I had a feeling the "two" meant 2 kids! My name (stracy1) is just a combination of my first initial (S) and my middle name and the number 1....not terribly creative.(lol)

I really just stumbled into I-village - - I think back then I was looking for decorating ideas and household management kind of stuff. Then, I could not take smoking anymore and quit smoking on Nov 8, 2002....the first I-village board I began posting on was the Break the Smoking Habit Board....I truly owe my new-found health to that board and the Wonderful ladies on that board who literally nursed me through those first few months. I would Never have been able to quit smoking (a 25 year habit) without those people and their almost 24 hours of support. That board no longer exists, but I am so glad that it was there for me. Now, I hang out a lot on the Fitness and Health board and I've just started coming here...I think it's cause now that I don't smoke - - Food is a LOT MORE Important!(lol).

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-24-2003 - 1:53pm
We're happy to have you. Glad to hear you found help here for the smoking thing. Also glad to hear you are smoke free. Hope to see you around often.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-25-2003 - 1:54pm
My screen name was suggested by my daughter. I also use it for AIM (that's where i started it). She suggested it because I love daisies. The 526 is my birthday (May 26).

I started visiting iVillage when i was searching for some help for my husband. He was injured at work and worker's compensation was giving us a hard time. Somehow the iVillage Worker's Compensation Board came up on a search and that is the first board I posted on. They were a great bunch of ladies. The board is no longer in existance because it merged with the Social Security Disability board. But one day i noticed that iVillage had a food section and was hooked ever since. I started being cl on the HOlidays, Decorating and Gift Ideas board when it was posted that it needed a cl. I was alone on that board for a few months and then I got a partner (Sher) and then that board merged with the Showers & Parties board and because Holidays & Parties.

Shortly after that, it was posted that Quick & Easy needed a cl so I volunteered since it was my favorite (besides Holidays & Parties.. lol). So, now I'm co-cl on both. I started with the Holiday board about 4-5 years ago and started with Q&E about 2-3 years ago and i love it.

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-25-2003 - 1:56pm
Girl..... CONGRATULATION!!!!!! I am so happy that you quit smoking! My grandfather died of lung cancer and the dr. told me it was a direct result of him smoking. I also seen a smoker's lung once here at the hospital and it sure steered me away from the habit. I know that you did a great thing by quitting.... i am SO glad that I never took up smoking because if I had, i don't rightly know if i would have been able to stop. I am such a wuss... lol

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-26-2003 - 2:38pm
My screen name is self-explanatory, half the time I'm not sure if I'm coming or going. I found ivillage about 2 years ago, when following a link for a freebie, explored around a bit and found the food and cooking boards. I love them and have got lots of ideas and suggestions for them.

Patty

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/yttap/siggys/
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-26-2003 - 3:09pm
I LOVE your screen name!! very clever!!

~~tracy