Anything to jazz up Bluberry Muffins?

iVillage Member
Anything to jazz up Bluberry Muffins?
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 10:24am
MOrning - - - I baked some home-made bluberry muffins this morning. Berries are supposed to be really good for us. Anyhow, it was just a simple recipe of flour, sugar, oil, egg, milk, baking powder and salt and the berries. They were good, but, it seemed like they needed Something. Do any of you guys add any kind of spice or flavoring to muffins? I'm wondering if maybe cinnamon or vanilla?? Would that "go" with bluberries? Just wondering.

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 12:18pm
I always do lemon/poppyseed blueberry muffins....I love em!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 12:45pm
THat sound dee-lish!

Em - - how do you do it? Do you add, what, a teaspoon of seeds to the batter? and how do you do the lemon - is it lemon Zest? or juice? how much for, say, a recipe of 12 muffins?

Thanks for the info - - I think that will make them Much tastier!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 12:58pm
I'll look for my recipe but it's pretty much that, I do about a 1 1/2 tsp of poppy seeds ( I like them but just a hint) and I do zest and a little juice ( I like them fairly lemmony, it brings out the blueberry flavor, especially when they aren't that great) probably 2 tsp of zest and 1 tsp of juice (just a hint, don't use that ReaLemon stuff it's way too strong.) I think my recipe only makes 8 muffins so you may have to adjust a little but thats basically it. If I can find the actual recipe I'll post it for you.

Something else that's good is cinnamon blueberry with a streusley topping.

HTH

Em

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 1:19pm
Boy, I'm glad I've got a lot of blueberries!(lol)

Thanks Em....It would be great if you can find it and post the recipe.

All I have is the lemon-juice plastic thing-y, , I'll have to get a real lemon.....it is so weird here in Arkansas - - the lemons they sell here are pitiful and expensive.....I'm spoiled from living in Texas where the lemons were like 10 or even 12 for a dollar. . . here they are 2 for a dollar!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 1:23pm
Here's my lazy lemon poppyseed blueberry muffin recipe....

Buy a box of Jiffy Lemon Poppyseed muffin mix.

Buy a box of Jiffy Blueberry muffin mix.

Mix together and follow directions on box but double the ingredients and bake. Whallah! LOL

I am NOT a baker as you can plainly see.... but thank goodness someone here is... Thanks Em!

*** Daisy *** (blushing)

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 1:48pm
Okay, I'm going to post a recipe down below that my daughter tried in the past and it is just yummy!

It's down in the RECIPE COLLECTION ( i like to post them down there so the recipes are all together and easy to find).

I can smell all that blueberry goodness all the way here... Mmmmm....Have fun!

*** daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 3:43pm
Just a note to say thank you both for the muffin recipes.

I found the recipes down below and am going to be eating Lots of Blueberry Muffins in the next couple of weeks!(lol)

thanks again.

~~tracy