QOTD ( Thursday )

iVillage Member
QOTD ( Thursday )
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 3:20pm
What is your favorite season?

I'm not sure if I have a favorite... I like them all... Spring is new life... grass & trees get green again... Summer is fun.... vacation time... Fall is beautiful... changing leaves and apple cider with donuts and pumpkins.... Winter is beautiful when the snow falls and the air is crisp and clean... i just like them all i guess. Glad I live in Michigan where i can experience them all.

*** daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 3:40pm
"""changing leaves and apple cider with donuts and pumpkins....""

WHAT?? LOL

Donuts and pumpkins? I get the pumpkins but Donuts? I'm moving to Michigan!!(lol) I bet you even have a Krispy Kreme up there! Daisy, I love donuts but just never associated them with pumpkins and fall!(lol) UNLESS, you are talking about those donuts you make out of prepared biscuit dough that you drop into a big pot of oil and fry and sprinkle with powdered sugar?? okay. Donuts and fall!

I know what you mean about experiencing all the seasons. When I lived in Texas for 3 years, I really Did miss seasons because it was mostly summer all the time.

My favorite is the fall tho. I love the crispness of the air...I love going for hikes and walks...I LOVE a fire in the fireplace (not lucky enough to be able to have 'campfires' at my house like Daisy).. . I LOVE Sweaters!! Fall is best cause it doesn't get TOO COLD!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 3:53pm
I'm right there with you Daisy! I love all the seasons but fall is definitley my favorite. We've even taken to just calling it donut and cider season cause we just about live on Uncle John's Cider Mill (in St. Johns). For my money by far the best donuts and cider around :) Wow, just realized I sounded like a commercial there lol. BTW Tracy, these donuts are way better than any Krispy Kreme ((wink)). I can't wait for the weather to get to that point when you can wear a heavy sweater but no coat yet, thats the best!

Hugs,

Em

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 4:24pm
Up here we've got lots of places where you go to pick apples, buy fresh apple cider and donuts (the plain kind) and you can even go out in to the pumpkin patch and pick pumpkins to buy. You take a hayride out there and then pick your pumpkins and sometimes they have a campfire you gather around to get warm. Just depends on which place you go to.

Oh you haven't had apple cider until you've had some with a plain cake donut! MMMMMmmmm!!! But... i have to admit that i do love fried refrigerator biscuits too!

And yes... we do happen to have a new Krispy Kreme donut shop... just opened about a month ago...I just bought my first dozen a week ago and my oh my.... what a donut! It's great! They were having a fundraiser here at the hospital where i work and i HAD to support the cause, you know!

I like the fall also because we do have campfires after high school football games on Friday nights! Hot chocolate.. cuddling under the blanket... smooching....oh... i better stop....lol

*** Daisy ***

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 4:28pm
I'm going to have to go there this year. I've never heard of it. But, it sounds like I'm really missing out!

I love sweater season too... in fact, i hardly ever wear a big coat in the winter, it feels like I'm being bogged down. I have a jacket that i wear because most the time I am not spending too much time outside.

I'm getting psyched about Fall now.....and mouth is watering for those donuts & cider!

*** Daisy ***

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 4:59pm
I just can't get over the donut/cider thing! I LOVE it!! That really must be something you "Northerners" do. . . even back in St.Louis, we didn't necessarily associate cider and donuts. Don't get me wrong - I think it sounds great and I assure you I'm going to start the cider/donut combo down here in Arkansas!!(lol) Heck, once these blueberry muffins are gone, I just might go out and get me some donuts to get a head start on fall! (lol)

THis board sure makes me hungry!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 5:01pm
It's really cool Daisy, they have 4 different varieties of donuts in the fall, cinnamon, cider, pumpkin and plain, they also have a huge pie barn where you can get awesome pies, they also serve light lunches there too. They have a huge pumpkin patch, last year we got 5 pumpkins for $8, they do hay and wagon rides and usually have some sort of entertainment every weekend. Not to mention the great cider.

Their website is www.ujcidermill.com

I swear I don't work for them lol, my husband turned me on to it last year and we ended up going about 4 times in a 2 month period. lol.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 5:02pm
Well Tracy looks like you just have to make a trip to Michigan around Halloween and we'll take you out there. :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 8:46pm
Gotta be summer. I love everything about it...swimming, wearing shorts, gardening, cooking out, flowers, cool foods, vacation...I like spring a lot too, but I think that's just because it means that summer is right around the corner :-)

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2003 - 8:53pm
I gotta say that I am agreeing with my Tracy counter-part...cider and doughnuts? Never heard of that combo. I wasn't going to comment until I saw a second post about it. Maybe we are missing something down here. I do like fall for football season. Going tailgating for the UK-UL game Sunday. Can't wait.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-29-2003 - 8:57am
Wow... I never thought that cider & donuts were a Michigan thing .... i thought everyone did that. I guess you learn something new every day! LOL

You both have to try it... but i'm not sure if it would be the same at home vs. going to the apple orchard/cider mill and buying them fresh...

You'll both just have to come on up here to Michigan you can get in on the experience and we'll all go for a hayride together! Doesn't that sound fun? LOL I'm definitely going to the place Em recommended this year.... i am so excited!

*** Daisy ***

Pages