Had a muffin problem...

iVillage Member
Had a muffin problem...
Sun, 08-31-2003 - 10:40am
What the heck??(lol)

Emily - - you were right about that Blueberry Lemon Muffin recipe making huge muffins - - I thought I could get by with just using my regular 12 count cup-cake pan and there was WAY too much batter and I tried to put too much into each cup and ohhhhhh, it was a mess.

I've a question: : in the recipe, it did NOT mention greasing the muffin cups. I did. I used that spray flour/oil stuff. See, they kind of started to rise and rather than get that big crusty top, it just slinked over the edge and spread out across the muffin tin...so like I had a huge conglomeration across the top, and it seemed like One big muffin top with 12 bottoms!(lolol)

Is it possible that this would happen if my Baking Powder was bad? or old? Cause they didn't really rise like other muffins.....

Must say, even tho they looked a mess - - they tasted pretty darn good!

Oh, I also added a teaspoon of Lemon Extract. . . . surely That would not have caused the Non-Rising event.

I'll have you know tho that I am Not deterred.....I WILL conquer the Lemon Poppyseed Blueberry Muffin and come out a SUPERSTAR!!!(lol)

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 10:04pm
I spray everything with pam. Makes the clean up a breeze. The only thing I can think of is you either over beat the batter or your bk. powder/soda was old. It is possible that over filling the tins will also not allow the batter to rise like it is suppose to. Nice talking to you again.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-31-2003 - 5:31pm
I really don't know if adding the extract would effect the rise. Sorry.

However, gotta say that I admire your tenacity. I'm the same way...refuse to let something simple get the best of me LOL. Keep trying.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526