Looking for cakelike brownie recipes

iVillage Member
Looking for cakelike brownie recipes
Mon, 09-01-2003 - 6:49pm
Hi everyone, haven't been in this site for a long time, looking for cakelike brownies to make for my hubby. Can you help????? Thanks Sassy
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 9:51am
Hi Sassy - - I haven't made brownies in a long time and now you've got me hunger-ing for them!(vbg)

I did a search on "cake-like brownies" and found several recipes. I posted one down below in the recipe folder. I've not baked it myself, but it seemed pretty typical.

Let me know if this works for you - - I'm thinking about trying it myself.

Good to see you Sassy,

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 3:50pm
WELL, All that brownie talk, I just HAD to try it myself!

I baked the recipe I posted below and they are GOOD!! Now, I did mine just a bit differently - - I did not have buttermilk, so put a tablespoon of lemon juice in bottom of cup and filled rest up with skim milk. Also, since it seemed like a Lot of batter, I put my batter in a 9x13 pan with high sides ....it had called for a 15x10x1. I also baked it for 24 minutes rather than the 18-20. AND, (lol), I did not ice it as I like to keep my stuff low cal when I can. ANYhow, they really are tasty and more cake-like. I've had richer, goo-ier brownies, but these are very good and pretty easy and cheap to make. I'll make these again.

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 11:40am
Just wanted to thank you Stracy1 for the brownie recipe, I will be trying it this week, it looks almost like the one I lost, so will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!

Sassy
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 9:01pm
Hope your Hubby likes them as much as my Hub likes them.

Good to see you again Sassy!!

~~tracy