Blueberry Disaster

iVillage Member
Blueberry Disaster
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 10:10am
I made the Lemon Blueberry Poppyseed muffins this morning. I followed the recipe to the letter. The batter was wonderful and they smelled fantastic. Then the timer went off and I went to retrive my muffins. I had the exact opposite problem than Tracy (who's muffins expanded to make one big muffin with handles). My muffins were concave. Literally, they all had sunk in in the middle- huge craters. I have no idea what happened. They were greasy too. Tasted great, but I have never had inverted muffins before. So, Tracy's expanded up and out, mine sunk in....very interesting. Maybe I'm just not a baker LOL.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 10:21am
WAY to WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is with those muffins??? I went out yesterday and bought NEW baking powder and baking soda and MORE lemons to try again.

Tracy, I think mine would have sunk too except that I had filled the tins so full, it was like they started to rise, then, just slouched over the edges making the top of the muffin tin one big glob, , but there really was no rising to speak of...they came out Very Heavy. Almost WET feeling.

We've GOT to get to the bottom of this!(lol) - - WHERE's EMILY????(lol)

I'm not a baker EITHER I guess!(lol)

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 12:39pm
OK OK I'm back from vacation and I feel awful....I don't know what's going on with your muffins. The only thing I can think of is that I don't grease the muffin tins, I use a little bit of parchment paper. :( I feel horrible, I've never had either of those problems.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 1:20pm
It's certainly not your fault. I did grease the cups- not the second batch though. But, the pan was fairly greasy from the first attempt. The taste is wonderful, I will perfect these muffins LOL! Like Tracy, I had thought about buying new soda and powder. Maybe that will help.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 2:05pm
Replacing your baking soda/powder may help I just don't know whats going on :( I guess I'll just have to make a batch and send some to you! (that is providing mine would turn out, I warned you I haven't made them in awhile :)

Edited 9/2/2003 2:06:57 PM ET by ejrampe

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting