Looking for curry sauce recipe

iVillage Member
Looking for curry sauce recipe
Tue, 09-02-2003 - 5:58pm
I am looking for a curry sauce recipe for currywurst. My husband had currywurst when he was stationed in Germany and I would like to surprise him. Does anyone have a curry sauce recipe to share?

Thanks!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 11:33pm
Hi Rannysgirl! Boy, I'd never heard of currywurst - so I thank you for getting me interested! Sounds Deelish! I think that's cool you want to surprise your boyfriend with this!

Here's what I found - -

Currywurst

The currywurst is Berlin's gift to the world of fast food. Served at Schnell Imbiss (fast lunch) stands all over Berlin. Usually served on a wax paper covered paper plate, a currywurst is a bratwurst cut into sections, smothered with tomato sauce, and then sprinkled with curry powder and paprika. A currywurst is usually accompanied by a brötchen (roll) and goes well with bier.

Recipé for Currywurst

Ingredients

spicy tomato sauce

curry powder

paprika

Directions

Cut the cooked sausage into sections about 1 inch long

Smother in heated tomato sauce

Sprinkle with curry powder and paprika to taste

Enjoy!

Quick and Easy Currywurst

Ingredients

2 tablespoons ketchup

1/2 teaspoon curry powder

Directions

Combine and heat the ingredients.

Serve over a cooked hot dog.

Eat and enjoy.

Now you have a rough idea of the real thing.

HEre's the link that got me there:

http://www.thehouseatthebridge.com/TravelInfo/CurryWurst.html

Hope that gets you started....

Glad to see you...

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 7:43am
Hi there and welcome to the board! Oh my goodness... I've never heard of curryworst either! Thank you for "enlightening" us. It sounds like Tracy has you all set up and I am kinda excited to try this. Too bad my husband can't eat sausages... Maybe I'll wait until we have a party and I'll fix it then. Sounds delish! Hope you stick around here, we'd love to get to know you!

*** Daisy ***

PS: I think it's awesome that you want to surprise your honey... doesn't that feel great!?! I can already tell you're a sweetie!

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 7:46am
Girl.. you are just getting too big for your britches (as my grandma would say!). Great job at finding these recipes! It really does sound good, doesn't it? Are you going to try it sometime?

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 8:49am
"""Girl.. you are just getting too big for your britches """

LOL - - how did you know?? All this eating brownies and muffins I can hardly zip my pants anymore!(lol)

Daisy, I get intrigued by food stuff nowdays - - go figure....I still think it's cause I'm not smoking and food has become much more interesting. (wink,wink)

I'd never heard of the currywurst but hey, I might give it a shot sometime...will have to get some new curry as mine is probably about 10 years old! Last time I used curry powder was for a Curry Chicken appetizer for a Christmas party YEARS ago.

Hope Rannysgirl's boyfriend is impressed!! Cool she's doing that for him.

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 3:20pm
Thank you so much! I'll let you all know how it tastes!

ranysgirl