QOTD- Wednesday

iVillage Member
QOTD- Wednesday
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 7:31am
What'cha eating today? Any special plans for any meal?

I think I am going to have cereal for breakfast, pb and j with soup for lunch, and homemeade fajitas for supper. I go to a local Mexican place and get their cheese dip and chips (which is too good for words, what I'd give for that recipe....but that's a different story). I am also in search of the perect 'make at home' Mexican rice dish. I have yet to try any of the prepackaged kinds that come close to restaurant quality. I keep trying different brands looking for a recipe though.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 10:52pm
Welcome Kim!! Glad you've come out of "lurkdom"!(vbg)

Eeeeeeeeee - - I've never had pickled herring....I'm squeemish!(lol)

BUT, I've got a thumbs up for the waffles with jam! Good choice!

You'll have to describe that dinner and like Tracy said, maybe share a recipe.

Glad to see you on the board.

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 10:46pm
Jean - - everybody is New at one point or another! I was TOTALLY lost on all the codes and abbreviations. I see Tracy listed some for you. Those are the ones you see most frequently....BUT.......there are TONS MORE!!(lol) Don't worry! in general, you'll be able to figure them out. . . and if not, just ask. But, wanted to tell you how I had a real time with these in the beginning and felt like James Bond or something with all the codes! It's really kind of neat. Here's a link to a List of codes:

http://pages.ivillage.com/champagneonice/acronymsandemoticons/index.html

ENJOY!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 9:18pm
The cl- stands for community leader. We are the moderators, so to speak, on the board.

I LOVE home roasted turkey. I was actually looking through recipes this weekend and found my pumpkin pie section. That made me ready for fall and all the foods that go with it; turkey on Thanksgiving, etc. It sounds wonderful. Is there anything better than a turkey sandwich (made with leftover home cooked turkey) served on fresh white bread and lots of mayo? I think I might be hungry LOL.

Feel free to ask for a code to any of the abbreviations used (we all had to start somewhere). Just in case, LOL stands for Laugh Out Loud. Some other frequently used ones are:

ISO: in search of

BTW: by the way

IMO: in my opinion

DH: dear husband

ROTFLMAO: roll on the floor laughing my a** off

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 8:45pm
I am brand new to the computer world and am rather shy about joining in. I have been reading alot of replies concerning alot of diffrent topics and I have decided that this is one friendly group of people. I cooked a turkey dinner on Labor Day and we are still eatting leftovers. I cooked the whole big meal, stuffing and the works.My house was full of good aromas. I do have a question for you. What does the cl stand for that is in front of your name? Thanks for a fun site. Jean743
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 4:42pm
Daisy and Tracey,

You guys are great! This seems like such a friendly board; I think I'll stick around!

The herring I bought canned....I live in the Chicago area and there is no fresh herring here. The herring is in vinegar with spices...allspice I think.

I'll try and find a similiar recipe I only have about 50. LOL!

Cheers,

Kim

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 4:21pm
OH Goody!! Another de-lurker! Thanks for posting... i hope that you will come back often so we can get to know you better! I'm with Tracy... never heard of that dish or even tasted pickled herring. I've heard of it, but never had the guts to try it. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

Waffles with jam... yumm!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 1:43pm
YEAH!! We love it when people 'de-lurk'. Hope to see you around. BTW- never heard of your supper dish (matejessill). Never made herring for that matter. How about a recipe?

Tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 12:28pm
Hi,

"Coming out of lurking mode....."

Tonight we'll have open faced sandwiches and matejessill (a type of pickled herring).

For dessert we'll have waffles with jam, my daughter made her request this morning ;)

Cheers,

Kim

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 10:19am
I had a Quaker Oatmeal Square for breakfast today - - those are pretty good!

For lunch, it's turkey and pepperjack on whole wheat with cantaloupe and Quaker Cheddar Cheese Corn Rings..............I've become addicted to those...used to be Cheetos Cheese Puffs but try to cut back on cals and fat and these have 130 cals for 25 pieces!! Decent!(lol)

Supper is still up in the air....out of chicken, thinking about just doing a salad and I have a pack of those chicken/prosciutto ravioli that I might do like Rachel Ray with the balsamic and brown butter...deeelish. AND, I have those brownies I baked yesterday for dessert...they are YUMMY.

Tracy, I'm going to look around for a Mexican rice recipe - - I like that too and you are right about the boxes not being that great.

Daisy, I LOVE that zatarain stuff - - too bad about hubby not being able to enjoy it. BUT, more for you then!(lol)

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 9:21am
I'll have coffee for breakfast and my turkey sandwiches I brought with me for lunch. For supper tonight, I laid out steaks! We buy a half beef each fall and I just picked mine up this past Saturday. While cleaning out my freezer to make room, I found some porterhouse steaks from last beef (less than a year ago) and I laid them out to grill tonight. Probably bake some taters in the microwave and have some frozen veggies (Italian Bland) with it. I am also going to cook a few dishes to have for lunch this week. I bought a Zatarain's Jambalya mix and some smoked sausage and will cook that up and package it for lunches (my husband can't eat it, acid reflux, so i never fix it for supper). I also bought ingredients for my artichoke dip that i like to munch on with Triscuits and I'll be cooking that tonight.

Well, those are my plans anyway.... lol. I may get home and be too tired to do it. Knowing me, that will be the case.

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526