Emily... question...

iVillage Member
Emily... question...
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 10:27am
When you made the Greek Penne dish, did you use marinated artichokes or just the regular ones? I couldn't find regular artichokes in the small store i went to but i did get some marinated. I will use the marinated either way but just wondered what you used for it. Thanks.

*** daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 10:42am
Hey Daisy!!

I made that Greek Penne the other night and it IS DEElish - - even Better next day for lunch....BUT...here's what I discovered:

The amount of "stuff" is not quite enough if you use a whole 16 ounce pack of penne. That's a LOT of pasta....so you need a bit more stuff I found.

Next time I make it, I'll add maybe another chopped tomato, maybe a tablespoon more butter, and a bit more Feta Cheese. Either that or not use the whole amount of pasta.

About the artichokes, I found some in water, but, maybe if the ones you have are flavored by the marinade, you could just rinse them.

I've been looking for Emily TOO!! Emily - - where are you???? miss you!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 11:19am
Do you think the marinated artichokes would make it taste bad? If it was bland, maybe the marinade would "Kick it Up a Notch?" Just wondering....

*** Daisy ***

Edited 9/4/2003 11:20:19 AM ET by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 11:27am
You know, that May be a good idea!! It's not that the dish is bland, it just didn't have enough "juice" - - to me, it needed more sauce...the marinated artichokes would Probably be GOOd in that now that I think of it. As long as the you Like the way they taste, why not? I don't think the flavors going on in the dish would conflict with the marination (lol) - I sound like I COOK!(lol)

Give it a go girl!!

~~trayc (lol)

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 11:30am
I do like the "marination", so I think I'm going to try them! I'll let you know how it goes. I bought extra jars just in case.

Thanks for the advice!

*** Daisy ***

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 3:06pm
Hey Daisy,

I used fresh artichokes just cause I stumbled upon them and I wanted to be adventurous,(it was a nightmare I don't recommend it!) but when I buy them canned I almost always buy the marinated ones. They do add just a little kick. If you can't find some inexpensive ones you can always just buy plain ones and toss them in a little garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Or whatever you like. :)

Big Hugs,

Em

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 3:08pm
Hey girly girl!

I'm here, was on vacation for a few days but I'm back. I did a double post to you and cl-Tracy under her post but I probably should have posted to you too directly. :( I'm sorry about your muffins, have you had any luck since then?

Big Hugs,

Emily

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 3:58pm
Hi Em - -glad to see you back. Hope you had a great vacation!!

Haven't made a second batch of muffins yet - - got involved in looking for a cake-like-brownie recipe and well, don't cha know, just had to try THAT recipe too!! They were really yummy! I've got my lemons and yogurt ready to try again maybe this weekend - - even tho they didn't rise, they are still SO GOOD!! They are real goo-ey...and I don't know if that's how the lemon muffins are SuppOSed to be, but, it they are definitely good.

HEy, I tried the Feta Cheese and I LIKE IT TOO!! My husband is like me - - he says no, I don't like that BeFORE he even has a taste, so, I was quite happy that he tried it and likes it too now.

My next "recipe try" I think is going to be one of the MExican Rice dishes I posted for Tracy. Maybe tonight?!? ........ with some chicken sounds good.

HUgs at ya girl,

tracy

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-04-2003 - 4:13pm
Well when I make the muffins they are usually quite moist but I don't know if gooey is the word I would use :) lol. You might want to try to replace your baking powder/soda, and maybe only fill the tins about 1/2 way. They might rise a little better if they had a little more room. I really hope they turn out well for you as they are awful good. I'll keep looking for another recipe for you just in case :)

Big Hugs,

Em