Friday Five

iVillage Member
Friday Five
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 7:25am
I know a lot of these catagories are listed in the profile information, but a lot of people don't fill them out. This is the type of stuff I like to know about my cooking buddies. It's funny how I've never met a one of you, wouldn't recognize you if you knocked on my door, but I think of you as friends. Pretty cool.

1. What's your favorite movie(s)?

2. What's your favorite book(s)?

3. What type of music do you listen to?

4. What's your favorite TV show?

5. Are you into games, if so, which ones (specific board game, cards, etc.)?

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 8:00am
1. What's your favorite movie(s)? mmmm...that's tough, most recently I'd have to say "Finding Nemo", it was sooooo cute. Over all though I'd have to say I love Alfred Hitchcock movies, anything with Grace Kelly, Cary Grant, James Stewart or AUdrey Hepburn.

2. What's your favorite book(s)? I love Cook Books, I can't get enough of them, I love to just sit and read them (ok I'm a geek I know), mostly I read Mary Higgins Clark, John Grisham, that type.

3. What type of music do you listen to? Jimmy Buffett, James Taylor, The Eagles, Richard Ashcroft, Neil Diamond, Van Morrison, The Dave Matthews Band, Norah Jones, I'm kinda all over the board on this one.

4. What's your favorite TV show? currently still Friends (anything that can still make me laugh after 10 years!) I also like Murder, She Wrote, Matlock, Law and Order, NYPD Blue, 30 Minute Meals :)

5. Are you into games, if so, which ones (specific board game, cards, etc.)? There aren't too many I don't like, I grew up playing all sorts of games both board and card games and I love it.

Thanks Tracy that was fun!! I can't wait to read about everyone else!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 9:26am

~Animal House, When Harry Met Sally, Urban Cowboy

~Jackie Collins, Mario Puzo, Sidney Sheldon, Patricia Cornwell type stuff

~country, classic rock, or 80's

~Trading Spaces, Queer Eye

~I love cards; canasta, spades. I'm also into trivia games.

Tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 10:05am
Now, you don't expect me to list just ONE do you??(lol)

1. What's your favorite movie(s)? There are lots of good ones, but favorites would have to be: Stripes, Private Benjamin, and What About Bob....I love comedies.

2. What's your favorite book(s)? Ohh, Mrs. Greenthumbs by Cassandra Danz (a comedic gardening book), Executive Orders by Tom Clancy, No ORdinary Time by Doris Kearns Goodwin about Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, any cookbook, and EVERYTHING by James Patterson.

3. What type of music do you listen to? Lots of stuff - - right now I'm really loving Robbie Williams Escapology Cd, but I love Jimmy Buffett (have just about everything), I like Wynona Judd, I love this guy called Eros Ramazotti - - it is incredible - he does this duet with Andrea Bocelli - - very powerful, I like Billy Joel, I love TOm Jones (lol), old Beatles....what Don't I like?(lol)

4. What's your favorite TV show? I used to be a very "dignified" tv viewer, and mostly watched documentaries and news and I was a C-SPan Junkie.......then, I kind of had some crisis in my life and just couldn't take the stresses of worrying about the world anymore, and now I'm a Reality Tv Freak!(lol) - - I watch Big Brother, and the even worse Hotel Paradise!(lol) I love QUeer Eye for the Straight Guy, House Hunters, Changing Rooms, What Not to Wear, Curb Your Enthusiasm........can't wait till Survivor..oy a o e oe yea hoe.....singing there..(lol)

5. Are you into games, if so, which ones (specific board game, cards, etc.)? Love to play scrabble, rummy, yahtzee....I play Word Racer on the Yahoo Games...a word spelling game that's lots of fun

So now you KNOW I'm nuts!(lol)

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 10:50am

Oh my goodness... ya'll are really gonna think i'm lame. My favorites are the old musicals, preferably Rogers & Hammerstein. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is my favorite. I also like Oklahoma, Calamity Jane and Meet Me in St. Louis. I love Esther Williams movies, Betty Grable movies, most anything with Cary Grant and of course Gone With The Wind... i just love old movies, can you tell? They're just so clean and feel good...

Okay... if you didn't think i was lame before ... you really will now... LOL.. I'm an historical romance novel junkie! My favorite author is Joanna Lindsey and Kathleen Woodwiss (wrote my favorite one, Shanna) and I really like the ones with some mystery to them.

Mostly country and big band. What a combination, huh? LOL I've also been hooked on Michael Buble' recently... he is just great... kinda like Frank Sinatra. Here's his website: http://www.michaelbuble.com You can listen to some of his music... i like Come Fly With Me. My favorite country singer is Trace Adkins... he is so darn sexy when he's singing and his moves especially in No Thinkin' Thing... oh my... i better stop.... getting carried away... lol.

I love CSI (both), Boston Public, George Lopez (i don't know why but he cracks me up!). I am also a Survivor junkie! I can't wait till it starts Sept 18th! I also like The Mole and Amazing Race. And I have been watching The Family on and off this year (for the 2nd time.. lol.. the first time they stopped running it because of the war). I also like Everybody Loves Raymond. I can't pin it down to just one.. sorry! LOL

I am a EUCHRE FREAK! I play a game at least 2-3 nights a week on Yahoo and sometimes in the morning before work. I have finally taught my daughters but my husband won't even try. I grew up playing games and I like Trivia, Pictionary and a game we call Nertz. Kinda like solitaire but with 2 people against each other and FAST! Not everyone has heard of that game.

Thanks for doing the FF this week, Tracey.... was fun!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 10:58am
How could I forget COOK BOOKS!!! I collect them too and i actually sit down and read them. I just bought one yesterday here at the hospital i work for that was made up by the employees in our NICU for 5.00. I could NOT pass that up! In fact, I've been thinking about posting some of the recipes in it even though i haven't tried any yet. I'm only about 1/8th of the way through since i'm doing it here at work.

I like Jimmy Buffet too.... his song with Alan Jackson is pretty cute!

OH and HOW COULD I FORGET RACHEL??? man alive, i need more coffee! I love her show and get upset if I don't get to see it every night. I like to cook supper along with her (not the same meal, of course) because I have a tv in my kitchen. It's the best thing i've ever done in that house.

THanks for answering... we all love learning more about each other!

*** Daisy ***

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 11:04am
Oh I like Trading Spaces too.... and I just seen a piece of Queer Eye the other night but what i seen was funny. It was with the police guy. I heard he got in trouble for something he did... don't remember what though, maybe letting them wear his uniform? lol.

You and my husband would get along good... He LOVES Animal House. Our girls are planning on getting him the dvd for Christmas. I just have to keep him from buying it before that.

*** Daisy ***

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 11:16am
OH YEAH!!!!! Another Survivor lover! Our whole family loves it. I would never have watched it in the first place but my office-mate watched the first season and kept coming to work telling me all about it and I had no idea what she was talking about. I got so sick of her carrying on and on about it. So, when it came on for the second season, I decided to watch it because I didn't want to go through all that again and what do you know... we got hooked!!! She does the same thing to me now with Big Brother but i just can't get into that one. Also... i usually only feel comfortable watching the "cleaner" ones with my daughters. The ones where they don't sleep together. I was a little disappointed in Survivor last year when Jenna & Heidi kept "flashing" everyone and felt the need to bathe seperatly and then proceeded to rub themselves EVERYWHERE. I know there was nudity in the very first one with Richard but he wasn't doing it as a strategic move and wasn't trying to use his nudity to throw off the women.. like they were the men. I loved it when they were all standing on the poles and Jenna & Heidi pulled their shirts off for some peanut butter and Butch closed his eyes and kept saying, "I ain't looking, I ain't looking!" LOL He was so cute.

Okay, I'll get off my Survivor soapbox now...

*** Daisy ***

PS: The Bachelor starts on Sept 24th... The new Bachelor, Bob is from Ferndale, Michigan about an hour away from me. He's so funny and cute. I think this will be fun. Does anyone else watch the Bachelor? I only watched the Bachelorette a few times but i liked Bob. Do they sleep together on the Bachelor? I hope not... i'm planning on watching it with my girls.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 12:51pm
Sorry girls, I have tried, but just CANNOT get into any reality TV. I think they are all awful. I have very limited time for TV watching as it is, so I really don't get to watch much at all. The shows I do catch are usually re-runs that replay at weird time slots.

Tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 1:16pm
Yayyyyy QUeer Eye - - there is something about that show that always makes me feel good about stuff. It seems they really make a way for the guy to get a fresh start on life.

That Carson (the blond guy) is over the top! He is hilarious!

Hey, I completely understand not getting into the "reality" shows. . . I didn't at all for a long time. But, I've turned into quite a nosy gal lately and can't resist the antics of some of these folks.

Thanks for this question, it was fun seeing what everybody likes.

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 1:18pm
I love Queer Eye too, I can't believe I forgot to mention that one, it just cracks me up! I'm a reality show junkie too, but mostly cause thats whats mostly on TV lately. It seems like everytime I turn the TV on there they are.

Hugs,

Em

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

Pages