What about dinner out?...

iVillage Member
What about dinner out?...
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 1:09pm
When you get to go out for dinner, what is your favorite dish to order?

Do you ever try to prepare that dinner at home?

~~My favorite thing to get is a pinto beans with rice dish. In Austin, there was this Mexican place that served THE BEST beans...there was ham in them and onion and very spicey broth. I've tried to make it at home, but, it never tastes the same.

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 2:18pm
Tracy,

The pinto bean dish sounds yummy!

When we go out I usually order some type of seafood. We live a hour north of Chicago and I love fresh fish and seafood but it's hard to come by unless you eat out. The quality in the stores leave a lot to be desired. The restaurants get the best quality stuff.

Cheers,

Kim

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 3:25pm
I love spicy foods, so I ususally scan the menu for the hottest sounding dish. I get a lot of blackened dishes- chicken or fish. I don't know how to do that at home. There is a local place here that does a spicy, blackened chicken pasta dish that is wonderful. It is in a hot cream style sauce with peppers and broccoli. Getting hungry.....
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 3:58pm
Kim, now that I think of it, I'm like that with fish too. I live in a town outside of Little Rock and the variety and quality is really poor. I have found some nice fish (prepared that is) from the Schwanns Frozen food delivery people. They have an Alaskan Rock Sole stuffed with rice, Monterey Jack cheese and Mozzarella that is Wonderful. And, I was able to find Tilapia fillets here in town and I cooked them up using a recipe from the show - 30 minute Meals with Rachel Ray - - those were Great!

We don't eat near enough fish as we should tho.

An hour North of Chicago - - so, you have COld winters like Daisy and Em!(vbg) Brave soul!(lol)

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 4:06pm
""There is a local place here that does a spicy, blackened chicken pasta dish that is wonderful. It is in a hot cream style sauce with peppers and broccoli. Getting hungry""

(we need an emoticon for GETTING HUNGRY!)

Oh boy, that sounds so good!! Now, you've done it again!(lol) - - I'm too easily influenced....I'm going to have to find a recipe for something like that. I've Heard that blackened chicken/fish is just a matter of getting the right spices. That cream sauce with peppers and broccoli sounds so wonderful. You are so lucky to have a great place to eat....there's nothing by me 'cept for a Wendy's and a Sonic!! We have a Mexican place, but I was spoiled from the places in Texas and I just don't care for this joint. We DO have a pretty good barbeque shack down the road, but, it's 'spooky' going in there - - Weird folks thar!!(lol) So, I've finally figured out if I want to eat, I have to do it myself!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 4:17pm
Tracy and Tracy :)

I posted a recipe below for blackening seasoning that I found online. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 4:28pm
Hey ThANKS Em!!

I think I have all those seasonings - - will make up a batch of that and try it!

I GUess if I just rub that on the chicken and put the chicken in a pan with a dab of oil - - think that would work!

It sure sounds spicy!!

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-06-2003 - 7:27am
Yum...thanks. I'll try it soon.

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526