Silly Sunday Survey

iVillage Member
Silly Sunday Survey
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 5:57am
1. What's your weather forcast for today?

2. Do you watch college football? Pro? Who do you root for and why?

3. What is one thing you really enjoyed doing this weekend?

4. What's your favorite fall activity?

5. Over the next two weeks, what are you looking forward to?

6. Tell me everything you know about cl-daisy526.

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 9:38am

~low 70's and sunny; perfect

~only UK (Kentucky). They are traditionally horrible so I really don't know why the state continues to hold out hope for them. By October we are all screaming for basketball season to start.

~ My son is 2 today so we have been doing the little kid birthday thing all weekend.

~Taking the kids to the apple orchard to pick apples.

~the weather changing- it has been TOO hot here, but relief is in sight

~Great cl, born in May, favorite flower is a Daisy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 9:18pm
1. What's your weather forcast for today? - Well it WAS sunny and in high 80s

2. Do you watch college football? Pro? Who do you root for and why? - Watch sometimes, sleep more often - - nothing better in cold weather than an afternoon football game and a cozy couch! (except a good hockey game! -wink,wink) But, college would be the Arkansas Razorbacks, and pro - just about anybody will do.

3. What is one thing you really enjoyed doing this weekend? coffee and newspaper in the sunroom with the windows wide open and nice cool breeze.

4. What's your favorite fall activity? - hiking and drives to look at fall colors.

5. Over the next two weeks, what are you looking forward to? - HOPEFULLY, my new deck will be repaired - - must have the top removed and replaced as the wood is cupping, splitting, and oooooooozing sap. Yuck.

6. Tell me everything you know about cl-daisy526. - she's got a great sense of humor, she's very caring to folks on the board and she's one of 3 great cl's on this board.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 9:33pm
1. What's your weather forcast for today? sunny and low to mid 80's

2. Do you watch college football? Pro? Who do you root for and why? all football does is get in the way of a good hockey season!! :)

3. What is one thing you really enjoyed doing this weekend? telling my parents that they are going to be grandparents again.

4. What's your favorite fall activity? Going to the cider mill for donuts and cider mmm mmm mmm.

5. Over the next two weeks, what are you looking forward to? hopefully going for my first ob appt.

6. Tell me everything you know about cl-daisy526. She is a sweet wonderful kind lady, who lives very near me and loves daisies and she loves Rachael Ray. She's just an all around terrific lady!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 7:26am
I was wondering if you were an Arkansas fan. Glad to see there's another SEC fan here. I tend to get a little emotional over UK basketball myself, but hey, it's what we do here in KY. How's Hog football this year? We are horrible :-)

Tracy

TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 11:58am

Today... Mostly Sunny, high 77, low 58, 68 currently

Oh yes... we watch ALL football... not that i like it but my husband and 2 daughters are football freaks! They love Michigan Wolverines and Detroit Lions and they both won this week-end. They are diehard Lion fans and are so hopeful that Steve Mariucci will lead them into a winning season. I sit and crochet dish cloths... if i didn't, i'd fall asleep and snore and disturb their noisy game... lol. By the time Super Bowl rolls around, I've got about 30 dish clothes.... anybody need a dish cloth? LOL

I took my 2 daughters and played Bingo Friday night. My youngest daughter Bingo'd first and won 5 dollars (had to share 20 dollars with 3 other people) and then I Bingo'd and won 55 dollars (would have won 110 but had to share with another lady) and then my youngest daughter Bingo's AGAIN and won the final jackpot for $300.00. I was shocked! She is going to put it in the bank but she did take me & her sister to ChiChi's for lunch Saturday afternoon. It was fun.

I love having campfires in my yard with our friends over for weenies & s'mores. I only wish i could play guitar so we could sing songs... lol.

My best friend is having a surprise 18th birthday party for her daughter on the 13th. Looking forward to that... i have to make 3 coconut cream pies... cuz that's her daughter's favorite. It will be fun.

Is this a trick question??? LOL Thank you all for the sweet things you said about me. I swear I did NOT pay Jo to ask that! You all are so sweet! You made my day today... my co-worker asked me what i was over here grinning about... thanks again all you sweet things!

*** Daisy ***

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 12:50pm
"I took my 2 daughters and played Bingo Friday night"

ANOTHER reason to move to Michigan!(lol)

Arkansas believes that BINGO is "gambling" and it is OUTLAWED!! However, CrOck fighting (I had to add an "r" there in that word because it came across as offensive, so hope you know what I'm talking about) and dog racing must be good for the soul because they are allowed!! Can you believe that?

I used to love to go to Bingo with my Mom back in St.Louis....Never won big, but my Mom is pretty lucky and wins those $500 jackpots about once a month!

Enjoy your Bingo!!(vbeg)

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 12:55pm
Tracy - - the Razorbacks won their opening game with Tulsa 45-13!! Yayyy!

I never was a Hog fan till I moved here - folks even have big red HOG mailboxes here!(lol) So, they take their football pretty seriously.

Basketball is something I've never been able to get into - not till near the end of the season. Then, it gets fun! :o)

~~tracy

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 12:57pm
I never answered these myself yesterday, so here goes. I guess I oughtta start answering my own questions around here, lol.

Yesterday's was sunny and mid-80's. Today's is about the same. I didn't turn on the air conditioner once all day yesterday. Then when dh came in from outside he had to turn it on. I think he could live in an igloo! It was nice and cool yesterday morning. Made me think fall would finally get here. Not as cool this morning though.

I watch college - root for FSU (I'm an alum) and UM (b/c my grandpa taught there).

The paper piecing class I took Saturday at my lss. I was the only one that showed up and it was fun!

Everything! I would love to go camping in the fall (October) but that's not gonna happen this year. :-( I mostly like being outside on our screened in porch enjoying the cooler weather and lower humidity.

I have a choice to make. There's a fall pages class at one lss (where I took the paper piecing class) and a crop at another on the same day at the same time. If I go to the class, it costs more but I'll probably get discounts on all sorts of stuff and free stuff, but the crop is an all day thing. I'm not as likely to spend as much at the crop, and I'll get more stuff done for me, which I desperately need to do, but it's all day and the last one I did I was *very* tired at the end of and I have to fight more traffic. Any suggestions y'all?

She lives in Michigan and bleeds blue and maize! I know her real name. She has two dds. She likes pickle juice (or can't stand it, I don't remember which at the moment). I know what she looks like (I think I saw her pic once upon a time). She works at a tv station? and they have a big telethon once a year that is very hectic. She loves to cook and is an absolute doll! Sorry I can't come up with more. I know more, but my brain's not functioning at the moment. Sorry!

And no, that question was my own idea. I got it from another board I'm on.

Jo, Community Leader for
Childfree by Choice on Health http://

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 3:48pm
My husband's family is all from Arkansas and he's got one of those red hogs (a figurine). He had that thing in my living room for a long time, but it finally had an accident and his snout broke off... now he's living in our basement with a mended snout. lol Where are you in relation to Jonesboro, Tracy?

*** Daisy ***

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 4:21pm
LOL Jo.. you are too cute! There is a couple things i wanted to clear up though...

*** She likes pickle juice (or can't stand it, I don't remember which at the moment). ***

I LOVE PICKLE JUICE! (dill)

*** She works at a tv station? and they have a big telethon once a year that is very hectic. ***

I work at a CMN hospital (Children's Miracle Network) they we do have a telethon each year (the sunday after memorial day) to raise funds at a local tv station. Real close girl! LOL

*** She loves to cook and is an absolute doll! ***

I don't know about the doll part but i SURE DO LOVE TO COOK!!!! It relaxes me and it's what i do for stress relief, sometimes i will just get in a mood and cook tons of stuff. That's what i did yesterday and last night. I cut up lettuce and all kinds of veggies for a huge salad for the week, I made Jambalya with smoked sausage, I made Taco Dip, I made a Chex Mix to snack on, I grilled some rib steaks we had leftover from our previous cow and baked some nice potatoes in the microwave and boy were they good!

I also made up a batch of artichoke dip and a batch of my BLT dip to bring to a potluck at work this week (it's best if it sits for a day or two). Have no idea what i'm cooking tonight for supper... lol.

*** Daisy ***

Pages